How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illidan

Nov 15, 2004
hi guys. i a newbie here. i just upload some photos up to yahoo photos. i would like to know how to prevent my photos from being leech from my online photo album?? PS it?? how to know if its been leech??? any good ways to prevent photos from being leech? thanks alot

Dun post ;p

think that it is not possible unless you password protect the folder and limit it to only your frens to view ... this is assuming that your frens would not leech ur photos ...

Illidan said:
hi guys. i a newbie here. i just upload some photos up to yahoo photos. i would like to know how to prevent my photos from being leech from my online photo album?? PS it?? how to know if its been leech??? any good ways to prevent photos from being leech? thanks alot

those yahoo photo or online photo upload site are not able to leech protect you site.
some website allow to use the .htaccess to prevent the jpg file from being leech like this web.

Maybe try Webaperture...

Yeah screencapture is able to leech the photos right off, but the photos would be in low res. Most competitions require photos to be of at least a certain resolution.

So when you post, dont post the original. Limit the size when you can. Most of the time they will automatically resize for you but some hosting sites still show the original...

Fool prooof way is dun post it .. :)

There is no other if you want post it online and even password pretect still can be hacked.

is it possible that you change the metafile data in your pictures with your copyright? I think whoever takes your photos and tries to edit them wont be able to change your copyright on your photo.. It's like your dna on that photo that cant be removed.. unless he use print screen.. I think it's like that.. i read in a book somewhere.. i think the photos must be in raw format to edit the metadatas.

ortega said:
apart from your copyright notice
also state the name of your lawyer :)
I think lawyer name not necessary but not sure :bsmilie: I know you need photoshop to edit the metadeta. Best of Luck !!;)

ortega said:
apart from your copyright notice

also state the name of your lawyer :)
Your copyright notice, 40% of the image area.
Your lawyer name, 40% of the image area.
Your photo, 20% of the image area.

Now, your message is loud and clear. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: haha

how about add in this

* please steal my picture, my lawyer needs the work and I need the money

DarkForce said:
I read this line

"Your photos are copy righted by default but to get damages it must be registered."

Line extracted from "Learn to Copyright your Photograph "

http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Arts/artlaw.html

Not sure does it apply in Singapore too ?
That's if you wish the police to handle for you as it can be considered theft - criminal case.

If not, you can hire your own lawyer to file a civil suit, and sue to copyright infringement.

That's what I remember correctly when I tried to file a suit against some leechers the other time. T'was fun (for me).

espn said:
That's if you wish the police to handle for you as it can be considered theft - criminal case.

If not, you can hire your own lawyer to file a civil suit, and sue to copyright infringement.

That's what I remember correctly when I tried to file a suit against some leechers the other time. T'was fun (for me).

Yup, I believe that this is the case :thumbsup:

espn said:

OIC.

Don't think I will be in your shoe as mine works all so so only. Don't worth any money.

So in the end did you win the case ? Or get any payment from those leechers ?

espn said:
Did you win? Let us know ! :D

Illidan said:

You can make their leeching more difficult but cannot stop them from doing so.

I got a friend who setup a web page and said that his photos are safe because he use some protection.

After a while I email some of his "proctected" photos to him to proof that I still can leech his photos loh.

DarkForce said:
You can make their leeching more difficult but cannot stop them from doing so.

I got a friend who setup a web page and said that his photos are safe because he use some protection.

After a while I email some of his "proctected" photos to him to proof that I still can leech his photos loh.
You can always use screen capture.

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.