How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows that there is only one way to prevent your images from being leeched online .... don't post at all.
But there is another way to "discourage" others from leeching is to post low-res photos, usually below 30k. Pic quality may not be good but still acceptable in most situations. Also, if you realise, most of the leeched images are mostly, if not all about sexy gals ... so the best way is to post only those that are nice but not sexy .... usually i post only close up of the head shots.
But why not look at the matter from another view ... if yr images are not good or nice, then why ppl want to leech them? So if you are not interested in financial gain, why bother at all? at least you keep seeing yr photos all over the place and you still have the original file ... that's a shiok feeling! :lovegrin:

use myphotoalbum.com like me. they have no way of stealing your photos. when they right hand click the photos, immediately the web doesnt allow any thing done to it, so its very save.

I've posted a "how to" to change a particular handphone LEDs on my website, and all my pictures were leeched by a company selling LEDs. When I contacted them, they had to guts to challenge me to sue them!

I didn't persue the matter, as the photos were low-res and easily available (taken by webcam), and didn't have the time nor $$ to file a civil lawsuit!

knpan said:
use myphotoalbum.com like me. they have no way of stealing your photos. when they right hand click the photos, immediately the web doesnt allow any thing done to it, so its very save.

you mean like this?

[Ok, 10mins is up, image removed.] :bsmilie:

don't need screen capture also can.

nothing is safe, if you worry. don't upload it to the net.

show hardcopy only.

catchlights said:
you mean like this?

don't need screen capture also can.

nothing is safe, if you worry. don't upload it to the net.

show hardcopy only.

lol.... A lot of people only think of using screen capture but they did not know there way other method even more powerful than screen capture.

knpan said:

actually hor...when i right-click on your photo i get "sorry, photo downloading is not enabled..." but then hor after i click OK i get a popup menu that let me save your pic :p

DarkForce said:
lol.... A lot of people only think of using screen capture but they did not know there way other method even more powerful than screen capture.
Why need powerful method if simple method is work :confused: ?

Do you need to use an Atomic bomb to kill your house's rat :bsmilie: ?

Regards,
Arto.

madmacs said:
actually hor...when i right-click on your photo i get "sorry, photo downloading is not enabled..." but then hor after i click OK i get a popup menu that let me save your pic :p

yalor, this site are so "hi tech", full res image also can let any people save in computer. :bsmilie:

Its hard to stop it, just post really low res images with very small dimensions with a whopping great copywrite over it so its impossible to PS out. This has to be one of the safest methods, but the safest is not to post at all.

madmacs said:

and if u didnt there is a miracle thing called "Ctrl-C" it usually works on all those sites :bsmilie:

wildstallion said:
Its hard to stop it, just post really low res images with very small dimensions with a whopping great copywrite over it so its impossible to PS out. This has to be one of the safest methods, but the safest is not to post at all.
Yah. :thumbsup: Or send to your friend(s) directly via email lor.

Artosoft said:
Why need powerful method if simple method is work :confused: ?

Do you need to use an Atomic bomb to kill your house's rat :bsmilie: ?

Regards,
Arto.

I know what you mean. What I meant was there are many other ways to do it lah. Most of them can work not only on graphic files but on all sort of other things too :)

Ok. In short.

When you understand how computer handle internet files (be it graphic or non-graphic) , you will know where to get them. It's already waiting there for you to copy.

Garion said:
Yah. :thumbsup: Or send to your friend(s) directly via email lor.

Bro,

How come you never email me your handsome photo leh ? Email me one tonight leh ;)

DarkForce said:
I know what you mean. What I meant was there are many other ways to do it lah. Most of them can work not only on graphic files but on all sort of other things too :)
Hehehe...

"Many ways lead to Rome". Use the way you are convinient with ;) .

Cheers!

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
Hehehe...

"Many ways lead to Rome". Use the way you are convinient with ;) .

Cheers!

Regards,
Arto.

Shortest way might not be the bests way ;)

Anyway each of us got our own way so no matter using what way, as long as we still can find our way can liao .

Regards :)

madmacs said:
you collecting guys photos? :think:

Ya. Whenever I find damn good photos, I always download it to my storage device for my own study. Be it Man or women.

Don't know does it consider as leeching ?

DarkForce said:
Ya. Whenever I find damn good photos, I always download it to my storage device for my own study. Be it Man or women.

Don't know does it consider as leeching ?

I think its fine as long as you do not show it as your own or sell it commercially

Status
Not open for further replies.