How to prevent fogging of lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean

Apr 16, 2002
www.pbase.com

How does a lens become fogged? What kind of situations will cause fogging in a lens?

And how to prevent/minimize fogging from happening? :dunno:

Thks! :)

Change of temperature? From air con room to outdoors?
How about trying to wrap it around with a thick towel? :dunno:

Condensation usually forms on the outside when you move from a cold environment (e.g. air conditioned room) to a warm and humid environment (outside). If you let the camera slowly warm up first, it shouldn't happen. E.g. you can keep the camera in the bag when you get out, and let it warm up first before taking it out.

Regards
CK

how about putting silica gel in your camera bag or, for my case, the plastic bag that i use as a camera bag ....
it helps maintain humidity especially during temperature transitions but it's troublesome to recharge the gel frequently rite...

What I actually means fogging inside the lens...

Do you guy actually take the effort (or remember) to place your camera inside your bag during temperature transitions?

Take the following example, if you are covering a wedding, and you are in a "air-con blasting" bridal car, you will need to use your camera immediately when you leave the vehicle... ...

:confused:

Originally posted by Bean

What I actually means fogging inside the lens...

Do you guy actually take the effort (or remember) to place your camera inside your bag during temperature transitions?

Take the following example, if you are covering a wedding, and you are in a "air-con blasting" bridal car, you will need to use your camera immediately when you leave the vehicle... ...

:confused:

My experience: Put the camera lens close to your body and block it with your bag or something from the direct aircon draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.