How to perform a clean installation of ViewNX

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBen

Aug 24, 2008
Toa Payoh
Hi forumers,

The reason I am asking this is because the previously working copy is displaying washed out images after I tweak with the color management. Now, even after I change it back to the original settings, it is still displaying washed out images. I have no problem with other software installed on the same machine.

I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling but still showing the same issue. I also tried uninstalling & deleting all the ViewNX related registry entries before reinstalling. Still having the same issue.

I tried installing the same source file/installer on another machine & it is working fine.

Any leads?

Cheers,
Ben

What kind of colour management have you tweaked? What other software works fine?

In ViewNX, Edit->Options->Color management. I changed the default RGB color space to another option available under Nikon profile & that's it. No turning back. Spent a lot of time ;(.

On the same machine, CaptureNX is working well.

Just found out this from Nikon website that the color cast could be due to the color profile of the OS, which I never changed. Will check it out tonight. If this is true, I'm wondering why CaptureNX is working well.

Cheers,
Ben

You seem to have changed the working colour space for ViewNX - which explains the screwed colours when viewing images that are not in the same colour space.
Doesn't hurt to start with monitor calibration to get a defined point for colour management. Then remove all other profiles from the colour management dialog in OS management. The difference between ViewNX and CaptureNX sounds weird but people also have reported issues with other programs when having more than one profile in the colour management.

Mystery solved.

I think the problem is pertaining only to ViewNX 1.5 (Nikon website is describing this solution for version 1.5), which I recalled that the problem surfaced after upgrading it (at the same time changing the color space settings).

Thanks to Octarine for your efforts in helping me out.

Cheers,
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.