How to overcome work stress ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Tiger

May 11, 2004
In the heart of SengKang
www.worldwar2aces.com
Last month, I work 93 hours of OT aside from normal working hours.
I think I work until ki siao liao. :angry:
Not much time to commit for other activity like photography.
Now got Monday Blue Syndrome, got a bit of work stress and work load is getting more as some of my colleages have resign due to fedup, frustration and etc.

Anyone got any inspiration quote to boost up my moral ?

I need some fuel of inspiration to reboot, recharge and recover. :sweat:

King Tiger said:
Now got Monday Blue Syndrome, got a bit of work stress and work load is getting more as some of my colleages have resign due to fedup, frustration and etc.

if you get paid from OT, y not? $20~30 *93 = $$$$$

:thumbsup:

go geylang ;) :bsmilie:

King Tiger said:

Try to think positively that 93 hours are better than 930 hours.

And also that you can save all those OT money now that you don't have the time and energy to spend them.

KT ah , take a short break over the weekend lah .... anywhere near can liao .... u will feel energised after that ...

deploy your King Tigers and go on a bombing spree! ;)

The best way to overcome work stress are just 2 words - don't work!

No work = no work stress
No work also = money stress = father-mother-wife-nagging-you-all-day stress
But that is another story

Or the 2nd best way is to relax a bit, go take a holiday or something.

King, 93 hour OT hour....
or maybe i should say : 93 hour PAID OT...

Think this way...
Before i go to Aust, i got to work 12 hour shift in a Semicon factory for about 20-23 days/month to earn my tuition fees...( i need to FULLY support myself ).

See.... Things have to go through....
That's life, Life used to be hard,
The more you feel stress, the more stress you are......

See.... you can sit infront of computer to "read this thread",
it's not too bad for ya right?

** One of the way to release your stress is : Take a break, or if you need something to relief your "unbalanced", think something bad.... :) what else can be better then someone like you who got a job, and afford to pay for a expensive hobby --> photography? :)

Life still go on...

Bungee jump! Sky diving.....roller coaster ride.....practise ur pick up lines at bars and pubs.....so many things to do in life. :lovegrin:

squeeze a stress ball.....destroy a few cameras or equipment, or maybe give away 17-35, teetoo Hs. ( I volunteer to take care of it) hee hee... :bsmilie:

seems like u caught in endless rat race...u buying a house or car issit? so piah :sweatsm:

Ways to deal with work stress:

1) Go on a shopping spree with your OT $$.
2) Go on a holiday trip to a nice beach and cut yourself away from telephones and computers.
3) Keep an eye on new job opportunities. Find something that you can enjoy. Dragging yourself to work is as good as slowly bringing your mental and physical health down.
4) Laughter. It is more effective than what more people think.

sbs99 said:
seems like u caught in endless rat race...u buying a house or car issit? so piah :sweatsm:

Well, Not that I want to piah...... Sigh.......

a) Just that my company just upgrade the software system in order to gobalise the data with local and other companies worldwide.
In short, system not so stable, got corrupt data, bug here and there, a lot of time have been spend to rectify on the problem.

b) At this same time, there is change of business arrangement with client and my internal company work scope.

c) Utimately, the deadly impact would be my colleages. Moral is low in my dept.
One colleage resign due to fedup of work, other colleages cannot take stress also resign, one not happy with management arrangement also resign, another one got so stress than he resign (1 day notice) and all this left a big junk of outstanding issue and problem for me to clear, settle and follow up.
Sigh......... :bheart:

poohbear said:
KT ah , take a short break over the weekend lah .... anywhere near can liao .... u will feel energised after that ...

Will have a jog at Punggol on Sunday Morning.
Breath in, breath out.

Sjourn said:
squeeze a stress ball.....destroy a few cameras or equipment, or maybe give away 17-35, teetoo Hs. ( I volunteer to take care of it) hee hee... :bsmilie:

Sjourn :kok: KT

eikin said:
jump into a pool of cold water ... ... with your camera

Eikin :kok: KT

besh said:
King, 93 hour OT hour....
or maybe i should say : 93 hour PAID OT...

Think this way...
Before i go to Aust, i got to work 12 hour shift in a Semicon factory for about 20-23 days/month to earn my tuition fees...( i need to FULLY support myself ).

See.... Things have to go through....
That's life, Life used to be hard,
The more you feel stress, the more stress you are......

See.... you can sit infront of computer to "read this thread",
it's not too bad for ya right?

** One of the way to release your stress is : Take a break, or if you need something to relief your "unbalanced", think something bad.... :) what else can be better then someone like you who got a job, and afford to pay for a expensive hobby --> photography? :)

Life still go on...

Thanks for the encouragement, Besh. :)

King Tiger said:

try yoga or meditation.
slow down.
just don't do anything for a few hours. and that means don't watch tv.
listen to the crickets in the fields at night
just take out your camera's standard lens and admire the craftmanship that went into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.