How to overcome unwanted reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.

cichlid

Dec 2, 2006
S'pore
Hi

I was taking some photos in a room with ceilings lights that are encased in reflective "metal strips". I used bounced flash (havn't tried direct flash). When the flash is directed to the ceilings, the lights are being reflected by the "metal strips" everywhere. Please see the attached image.

Is there a way to overcome this problem?

reflections2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Thanks!

Move yourself so that there is no reflection or avoid the ceiling in your composition. I dun think polarizer can remove the reflections.

The problem is that the reflections are flying everywhere, including on human subjects.

I think you are right about moving around, probably have to make sure that there are no metallic casing directly above flash.

That's always a problem with those reflective ceiling lights. Try a diffused direct flash.

That's always a problem with those reflective ceiling lights. Try a diffused direct flash.

I dont have a Omni bounce (right?), probably will DIY one.

Thanks for all your replies!

whatever diffuser will not work here, since the metal piece is work like a mirror here, what goes up, must come down.

the worst part is when the light strip hit on people's neck, looks like decapitating.

there is a way, you can tape up the whole ceiling

but i don't think it is practical in any sense of the word and is really a result of my overactive imagination at 3 am.

what sort of shots are you taking?

so its either bounce of diffuse?

All flash cannot, bounced, diffused or whatever...

I've just finished the shoot without flash and I thinked I'm satisfied with the images. :)

I think you can rotate your flash so that the light bounces on the wall instead of the ceiling. This should reduce the reflection.

1369.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.