how to over come the sound problem in low lighted areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
i hav pix that are taken in my FX8 of indoors places, which has a low lighted condition. i used flash but sometime the object maybe far and the pix tends to be dark.

another problem is the sound problem, what can i do on my FX8 to enhance it???:dunno: tks for the information

compro_1975 said:
i hav pix that are taken in my FX8 of indoors places, which ofyen has a low lighted condition. i used flash but sometime the object maybe far and the pix tends to be dark.

i used to have a similar prob with my F1 where the flash power is not enuf. but if u have the accessiblity to stand closer to the subject pls do coz it helps. Are u able to attach an external flash?

it's been quite a while since i have my digi cam but flash power and noise issues have always been the main problems with digi cam user.

destiny_star said:
i used to have a similar prob with my F1 where the flash power is not enuf. but if u have the accessiblity to stand closer to the subject pls do coz it helps. Are u able to attach an external flash?

it's been quite a while since i have my digi cam but flash power and noise issues have always been the main problems with digi cam user.

mine is FX8, http://www.dpreview.com/news/0505/05050902panasonic_fx8.asp i hav a pix which i think is nicely taken though the object are not lookin, the lighting is great to me, the only problem is i do not noe how did i get it, could u help to see if i used flash or even how did i achieve this pix?

The mottled appearence of your image is cause by something called noise. It's more prevalent at higher ISO settings. It is possible that your camera automatically increased the ISO setting when it sensed that the surroundings were darker.

A flash only works on objects that are fairly nearby, and even so, the lighting is a little harsh and unnatural. The best way to reduce noise in images is to take note of camera settings before taking the shot. It is recommended that you manually set the lowest possible ISO on your camera. Turn off the flash.

Find a night scene mode (or if you're more advanced, manual mode) on your camera. If there isn't one, then stay in the regular Program or equivalent mode. Do not use Auto mode since you will lose control over flash and ISO setting. Place your camera on a sturdy surface or tripod, frame your shot, set the camera to self-timer mode and trigger it off that way to reduce chances of camera shake.

If you must take a low-light photo handheld and want to reduce noise levels later, there are a number of noise reduction software on the web. Try downloading a copy of programs such as Noiseware, Noise Ninja, Neat Image...etc. There must be more, but I am not familiar with this.

is it the lesser the ISO, the lesser noise but more hand-shake in the pix?

compro_1975 said:
is it the lesser the ISO, the lesser noise but more hand-shake in the pix?

To a certain extent, yes. If the ISO is lower, the camera will need a longer shutter speed to achieve the same exposure, hence increased risk of camera shake. But if you put it on a stable surface or tripod, then there's negligible shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.