How To Open Raw File

Status
Not open for further replies.

bapedwin

Oct 19, 2008
Hi all, anyone knows how to open NEF raw image file with photoshop cs4? Seems that PS could not open it...did I miss out something?

you need raw soft ware like lightroom to open and convert it

Select from one or both options below

Option 1 : Install appropriate Adobe Camera RAW (or ACR) into CS4 to read the NEF file
Option 2 : Install freeware Nikon ViewNX from Nikon and port the image from NEF file to CS4

you need raw soft ware like lightroom to open and convert it

Hi andrew, I will download it and give it a try. Thanks!

Select from one or both options below

Option 1 : Install appropriate Adobe Camera RAW (or ACR) into CS4 to read the NEF file
Option 2 : Install freeware Nikon ViewNX from Nikon and port the image from NEF file to CS4

Hi squid, I had installed Nikon ViewNX..pardon me, but how do you actually port the NEF file to cs4? Sorry, I am new :)

I had installed Nikon ViewNX..pardon me, but how do you actually port the NEF file to cs4?

Under Nikon ViewNX, select the intended NEF file and convert to TIFF or JPEG using the following menu command File > Convert Files... before opening the converted file with CS4

Under Nikon ViewNX, select the intended NEF file and convert to TIFF or JPEG using the following menu command File > Convert Files... before opening the converted file with CS4

Thanks Squid! But since I converted the file to JPEG or TIFF, it's no longer consider as 'raw' image? Therefore, I could not make additional adjustments such as white balance, tint and etc?

.....Therefore, I could not make additional adjustments such as white balance, tint and etc?

Option 1 : Do colour adjustment using function given in "Quick Adjustment" tab in Nikon ViewNX before converting to TIFF or JPEG

Option 2: Convert to TIFF or JPEG and make necessary adjustment in CS4 using various techniques found in guide books for Photoshops

TIFF are the best files after RAW files, do not convert to JPG!!!!!!

just open TIFF files in photoshop and do your editing work.

Option 1 : Do colour adjustment using function given in "Quick Adjustment" tab in Nikon ViewNX before converting to TIFF or JPEG

Option 2: Convert to TIFF or JPEG and make necessary adjustment in CS4 using various techniques found in guide books for Photoshops

TIFF are the best files after RAW files, do not convert to JPG!!!!!!

just open TIFF files in photoshop and do your editing work.

Thanks for the help guys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.