How to: Nikon D300 shooting at 8fps with Battery Grip

Status
Not open for further replies.

caloyski

Jul 30, 2008
Hello Everyone,

As always, members of clubsnap had been very helpful. I am now in search again of good samaritans who would be able to help me configure the settings for my Nikon D300 to shoot at 8fps with a battery grip.

I have always been amazed to see a big camera shoot at a lightning speed.
Now with my Nikon D300, I am hoping to shoot 8fps.

Please help me configure the settings to allow my Nikon D300 shoot at 8fps.

Everyone's help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Hello Everyone,

As always, members of clubsnap had been very helpful. I am now in search again of good samaritans who would be able to help me configure the settings for my Nikon D300 to shoot at 8fps with a battery grip.

Thanks in advance..

wait till u see the red camera shooting at 100fps...that's fast......:bigeyes:

anyway...with the grip u can achieve 8fps..but u have to fulfill either one of these two conditions:

1. Use 8x AA battery
2. Use the pro battery (the ones D3 uses) which cost a lot.

** you cannot achieve 8fps with the same native battery that D300 uses in the battery grip.

Considering u have either the two above, then that should work already...if still doesn't, maybe will have to change the setting under the manual...but as far as i can remember, i didn't have to....so yeah...

Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance..

Search the Nikon thread. There are ways to get 8fps even without the battery grip. ;p

Hi Jacob,

Yes i read the manual. i didnt see anything regarding the settings for shooting 8fps with the battery grip. I purchased a battery grip from ebay and am using another battery for D300 but didnt achieve 8fps. =(

Hello Tanjonhan,

thanks for your reply. i believe your right coz i read some article from the net regarding shooting D300 at 8fps. it was also recommended to use the battery for the D3 or 8X AA Battery. =(

Hi Isasaxon,

thanks for your reply. i did search the nikon threads so i can get some info regarding firing my D300 at 8fps. I didnt get much info from the thread or probably i just didnt read enough... hehehehe.. anyways, I read an article regarding overclocking the D300 to achieve 8fps without the battery grip. settings had been provided as well but i dont think i wanna try that coz it might cause serious damage on my baby. on the article that i read, there was a warning about overclocking the Camera and its not good...

to get 8fps, u need to either use the EN-EL4 or 8XAA batts...:)

Hi Isasaxon,

thanks for your reply. i did search the nikon threads so i can get some info regarding firing my D300 at 8fps. I didnt get much info from the thread or probably i just didnt read enough... hehehehe.. anyways, I read an article regarding overclocking the D300 to achieve 8fps without the battery grip. settings had been provided as well but i dont think i wanna try that coz it might cause serious damage on my baby. on the article that i read, there was a warning about overclocking the Camera and its not good...

It's not about overclocking the camera. It can do 8fps, just that Nikon limited the framerate to conserve battery, I think. However, if you're ni bracketing mode, regardless of whether you have a battery grip or the type of battery you're using, it will give 8fps burst. Some people use the Flash bracketing mode to get a 9 shot burst at 8fps.

use AA in ur grip la. the easiest way to do it.

also, turn off adaptive d-lighting. it won't really restrict speed per se, but what is affected is the buffer. w/o active d-lighting, u can shoot more frames at 8fps. if it really matters tt much.. haha.

also, turn off the noise reduction too if u don't need.

oh yea, bro Isis, one more thing. maybe they want to sell this accessory called the MBD10 also. i bought it partly for the "unconditional" 8fps. but since i got it, i also use the grip in portrait mode la. but most of the time i leave it off. one less chunk of metal (think 8 double As) to carry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.