how to negotiate? e.g FREEBIES AND PRICE!

zkull

Aug 15, 2010
Hi people, as I am planning to get my 1st entry lvl dslr. Are there any particular "rules" to follow when buying a camera from shops.e.g at funan.

I saw in some of the shop facebook page. they particularly write "no freebies included". Does that mean that they are nett and they are turn-off to bargain?

Please give me some advice.

ps: just another budget student.:confused:

negotiation is what you want for the price you pay and on the other is what the shop is willing to give for the price you pay.

so you have to priority either price or gifts. In some cases, the free gifts are worth spending more while in most case people dont really care as long lowest price.

if you do use the search engine on the topic of prices, plenty of stories of what people would do and go for the lower then lowest price as well as their feedback.

Hi people, as I am planning to get my 1st entry lvl dslr. Are there any particular "rules" to follow when buying a camera from shops.e.g at funan.

I saw in some of the shop facebook page. they particularly write "no freebies included". Does that mean that they are nett and they are turn-off to bargain?

Here you go:

Singapore Camera equipment price guides:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124

use the price guide. there are list of more reputable shops with phones you can call. Make a checklist of other things you might need too. eg.camera bag, tripod....etc

depends on the shop...

anyways, freebies are usually crap, if you ask me. at best the card media is useful, but the tripod, cleaning kit, etc blah, are not.

anyway u can try requesting for equotes or just call them to ask the prices so u can compare. =)

because I was thinking i might need the screen protector, tripod as well. thus im not sure to get it separately or should just haggle for free in the shop. so seeking for all the gurus here to effectively communicate with shop in win win situation. thanks peeps :) your input are most appreciated

because I was thinking i might need the screen protector, tripod as well. thus im not sure to get it separately or should just haggle for free in the shop. so seeking for all the gurus here to effectively communicate with shop in win win situation. thanks peeps :) your input are most appreciated
Getting good deals for purchasing cameras boils down to many factors. It's probably no different to buying anything (eg car, property, etc)

Some people may have good bargaining skills, some may have good "lobang", so asking for "tips" is not very useful.

Anyway, a freebie tripod is usually far from decent, so it's usually a waste of money :)

Look at the price guides in this forum and work out a budget - including accessories you want.

Here are some particular tips -not in any order:

1. Know the brand you want for the accessories. (A high end Hoya filter could set you back $80 while a similar sized low end may be only $20).

2. When you shop, go for the big ticket items and bargain as a bundle - i.e. body, lens and maybe flash. If the shop offer anything different, just walk out. It may be difficult and embarrassing sometimes, but it is your hard-earned money you are spending.

3. Avoid all those shops that you see have bad reputation in Clubsnap and other forums. If others got bitten, why should you be different?

4. Don't be greedy. The shop owners will need to make some money. The shop will normally give the best price to their regular customers so make a list of these shops which you want to build a relationship.

5. There may be some interesting bundle during this period of the year so look out for it.

do u want a cheapo flimsy tripod (free) that may topple your precious cam over or you want to buy a sturdy and reliable tripod?

same newbie here, what minimum bugdet will i expected for a sturdy and reliable tripod ? can you give me a brand and type, so i can google it

same newbie here, what minimum bugdet will i expected for a sturdy and reliable tripod ? can you give me a brand and type, so i can google it

$200 would be the rough estimate, you can try googling Slik, sirui and benro to have a look. Can try manfrotto as well.

depends on the shop...

anyways, freebies are usually crap, if you ask me. at best the card media is useful, but the tripod, cleaning kit, etc blah, are not.

Extra battery also very useful haha!

Red Dot Photo is having a "sale" at Sitex. The sturdy and reliable tripod going for a song. Haha...:bsmilie:

Is this a good news ? I notice a lot below $100 offers for tripod
[Vanguard]
[Velbon]
[HAMA]

are tripod's head included ? from these low price tripods, will $70 budget sufficient ? please help me to decide

Red Dot Photo is having a "sale" at Sitex. The sturdy and reliable tripod going for a song. Haha...:bsmilie:

Will we be able to find cf tripods there?