How to MRA Maxtor HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
I have called Maxtor service center and tried to get warrantee info, but the line was always busy so I left my voice mail, so far no reply. What can I do? This HD is OEMed with a branded desktop, no more warrantee lefe for the desktop but the HD should have 3yrs warrantee if I am not wrong (last time Maxtor got 3 yrs warrantee). So anyone knows what to do?

Originally posted by tomshen
I have called Maxtor service center and tried to get warrantee info, but the line was always busy so I left my voice mail, so far no reply. What can I do? This HD is OEMed with a branded desktop, no more warrantee lefe for the desktop but the HD should have 3yrs warrantee if I am not wrong (last time Maxtor got 3 yrs warrantee). So anyone knows what to do?

RMA, you mean. :)

Whether 3 yr or 1 yr you probably might depend on the branded desktop dealer, they might have certain T&Cs even if we think the maxtor HDD is 3 year warranty.

Regards
CK

forget it, may it be oem or bought in SLS.

i've bought one Maxtor DM from Bell last year, came with 3 years warranty. However this hdd died on me last month and need to send in for replacement. Tried calling Maxtor and they told me that apparently the hdd that i bought was not from a local dealer thus need to pay for the replacement shipping charge of $50 cos the centre is now at Philippines.

U can go down to Teknet (hope I got the name rite) at SLS (5th floor) to do the replacement (tat is unless u dun mind paying $50)

u mean RMA? (Return Material Authorisation)

Last time I call their line also never able to get thru.....

You have to first find out if your HDD still under warranty by entering the serial and model no. in maxtor website, under "warranty information"

Last time u can create a RMA form and then send the HDD to Maxtor factory at Changi for 1-1 exchange, but now they no more accept RMA from end user after 911 (they scare pple bomb their factory?)

so u need to send back to the shop where u purchase from, or for your case, u need to find out who is the distributor (there are many distributors here in Singapore) and then send back to the respective distributor, if u send to other distributors, they will charge u $30-$50 for handling fee ;(

since your HDD is over a year, i suppose it is quite old? like 10GB?

hopefully the distributor is in Singapore (such as Acecom, Taknet) else u have to send to oversea (one of mine is from California)

btw, u can email to APAC_RMA@maxtor.com and give them the serial no. and model no. and they will tell u which distributor your HDD come from

Originally posted by Viewfinder
forget it, may it be oem or bought in SLS.

i've bought one Maxtor DM from Bell last year, came with 3 years warranty. However this hdd died on me last month and need to send in for replacement. Tried calling Maxtor and they told me that apparently the hdd that i bought was not from a local dealer thus need to pay for the replacement shipping charge of $50 cos the centre is now at Philippines.

U can go down to Teknet (hope I got the name rite) at SLS (5th floor) to do the replacement (tat is unless u dun mind paying $50)

err...actually it is either OEM or retail (bought in SLS)

Teknet no more in SLS and Acecom is now in Paya Lebar...

but best is to find out which distributor your HDD come from and then bring to the respective distributor to avoid the handling fee

thx all for your prompt replies!!!

Wai, I have emailed maxtor with your provided address, thx!

Originally posted by Wai

Teknet no more in SLS and Acecom is now in Paya Lebar...

oh really? i send mine in at SLS, now waiting for collection. Where did they moved to?

Status
Not open for further replies.