How to mount a 3600HS on Flash Bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izhen

Sep 13, 2005
Hi to all Minoltians,

Just bought a OEM stroboframe-like flash bracket from one of the guys here but realised that the holding for the flash is not suitable for the Minolta Flash 3600HS. So I went over to P&G in the basement of Adephi and David has nothing so far to solve this problem. The disappointment is deepen by losing two flash shoes that came with the two 3600HS. I searched the threads and found that some bought straight brackets from P&G and don't seem to complain about incompatibility with their flashes. Can the FS1100 or FS1200 adaptors solve this problem? Where can I get it?

What can I do to mount the flash to the bracket so that I can use the wireless mode?
How can I get the flash to stand on a tripod if I want to put one on a tripod?

Sorry for asking alot of questions in a roll, but hand holding the flash on one hand and letting the other lie down on the table to take two flashes photos is very troublesome when it is outdoor shooting. Having not too common flashes and camera systems is very challenging and not encouraging at times to a newbie (like me).

Thanks to all the gurus here for the answers in advance. I know I can count on you guys.

izhen

hmm...actually...do you have the flash stand that comes with the flash?...cos under the stand there's a standard tripod screw tread...just mount the 3600HS on the flash stand...then screw the whole thing to whatever bracket or tripod u wan...tas how most of us KMinoltians do it anyway....

That's the frustration. I lost two of the 3600HS flash stands mysteriously while out there shooting.
Any idea how and where to buy them? Anyone here willing to sell them?

izhen

izhen said:
That's the frustration. I lost two of the 3600HS flash stands mysteriously while out there shooting.
Any idea how and where to buy them? Anyone here willing to sell them?

izhen

U need to approach KM service centre and do a direct order with them... they will ident the items from Japan.

izhen said:
Hi to all Minoltians,

Just bought a OEM stroboframe-like flash bracket from one of the guys here but realised that the holding for the flash is not suitable for the Minolta Flash 3600HS. So I went over to P&G in the basement of Adephi and David has nothing so far to solve this problem. The disappointment is deepen by losing two flash shoes that came with the two 3600HS. I searched the threads and found that some bought straight brackets from P&G and don't seem to complain about incompatibility with their flashes. Can the FS1100 or FS1200 adaptors solve this problem? Where can I get it?

What can I do to mount the flash to the bracket so that I can use the wireless mode?
How can I get the flash to stand on a tripod if I want to put one on a tripod?

Sorry for asking alot of questions in a roll, but hand holding the flash on one hand and letting the other lie down on the table to take two flashes photos is very troublesome when it is outdoor shooting. Having not too common flashes and camera systems is very challenging and not encouraging at times to a newbie (like me).

Thanks to all the gurus here for the answers in advance. I know I can count on you guys.

izhen

I use OS-1100 to mount my 5600HS onto the Stroboframe. There is small clamp thingy on the stroboframe and I just clamp the OS-1100 to the stroboframe and mount my 5600HS on it. Normally, I will then connect the flash to my camera using OC-1100.

"What can I do to mount the flash to the bracket so that I can use the wireless mode?"
Now, if you mount your flash on OS-1100, just make sure you turn it to wireless mode and work it that way while keeping your built in flash up and covered so the flash signal only go up but not exposing your subject so shadow won't be a problem.

"How can I get the flash to stand on a tripod if I want to put one on a tripod?"
You need the MS-2 (mini stand) that come with the flash and screw MS-2 on your tripod head (1/4") and mount your flash on the MS-2.

If you are wondering how the OS-1100 looks like, here is the pictures
43447596.jpg

43447597.jpg

Good luck.

Regards,

Hart
*If you plan to copy and use the image, please get my permission ok... ;)

TME said:
U need to approach KM service centre and do a direct order with them... they will ident the items from Japan.

This item use to be a regular item that the showroom in funan sell formerly...no need ident...read the words "used to sell in the showroom"...

Hi,

Many thanks to you all.

Will try there.

Meanwhile I found one very simple solution to mounting the flash to the bracket.

izhen

izhen said:
Hi,

Many thanks to you all.

Will try there.

Meanwhile I found one very simple solution to mounting the flash to the bracket.

izhen

Like?

Status
Not open for further replies.