How to minimise motion blur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

p7m13

Sep 30, 2005
Is there a way to minimise motion blur / handshake? Just tried taking pics at an outdoor event and a lot of pics came out blur due to my hands shaking... any tips to minimise this?

What's VR & IS. Sorry I'm too noob...

I'm using a Canon 300D (18 - 55mm kit lens)

Sample pic:
Used Ap Priority Mode 5.6, 1/60 sec, ISO 200, AWB, No flash

Subject was moving obviously. She was singing.
4pv9duf.jpg

Get VR.

Practise good shooting technique.

Use a tripod.

You sure it's handshake or motion blur? Post your pictures, please! Thanks.

Did you use flash? The motion blur (be it the subject, or your unsteady hands) can be removed by using a faster shutter speed.

Check the EXIF of your photos and see what shutter speed you had during the event.

Were the subjects in motion?

Not sure what system is the TS using. If Canon, get IS.

Get VR.

Practise good shooting technique.

Use a tripod.

You sure it's handshake or motion blur? Post your pictures, please! Thanks.

Like others who have replied,

1. Use image stablizer (or IS) lenses, assuming you are using Canon DSLR
2. Use monopod or tripod
3. Practice good posture, hand holding and breathing techniques
4. For a start, keep your camera's shutter shutter speed faster than 1/(lens focal length)

read from somewhere
just ensure your shutter speed is higher than your reciprocal of the focal length of your lens.
e.g 200mm lens shutter speed is 1/200 or larger 1/250. :)

Updated my first post. Sorry for being vague.

Is there a way to minimise motion blur / handshake? Just tried taking pics at an outdoor event and a lot of pics came out blur due to my hands shaking... any tips to minimise this?

What's VR & IS. Sorry I'm too noob...

I'm using a Canon 300D

Sample pic:
Used Ap Priority Mode, 1/60 sec, ISO 200, AWB, No flash

Subject was moving obviously. She was singing.
4pv9duf.jpg

it looks to me the wall behind her is more in focus than she is.... i think either your lens is back focusing / you AF point was on the wall instead of her....

it looks to me the wall behind her is more in focus than she is.... i think either your lens is back focusing / you AF point was on the wall instead of her....

Agree, doesn't look like handshake, more like Out of Focus issues.

use a faster shutter ya...thats all u need...

It may be due to the aperture size. The kit lens isn't too sharp at the widest aperture at 55mm to begin with?

It may be due to the aperture size. The kit lens isn't too sharp at the widest aperture at 55mm to begin with?

its looks more like blur shots...cause even at f5.6 at 55mm...this is a very sharp lens...

its looks more like blur shots...cause even at f5.6 at 55mm...this is a very sharp lens...

I think I'll increase the aperature by one step at max zoom and see whether the shots get sharper. Or another thing could be that my auto-focus isn't working too good. And yeah, do something with my shaky hands. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.