How to manually focus D70 under dim light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novaD70

Jun 9, 2004
Jurong, Singapore
Any tips on the above - cannot see clearly in the view finder.

(playing with D70 and a 70mm apperture sporting scope.)

think problem is with the sporting scope results in loss of light and hence very dark viewfinder.

On the D70, you can only 'manual focus' by turning until Manual focus by relying on the image in the viewfinder is not reliable for the following reasons:

;) GYR

Gymrat76 said:
On the D70, you can only 'manual focus' by turning until Manual focus by relying on the image in the viewfinder is not reliable for the following reasons:

;) GYR

Yr sentence no punctuation - difficult to catch your point.

Anyway, my problem is this: this sporting scope - actually is a telescope - I got an adapter to mount to the D70 (minus the eyepiece) - so it become a simple f7(?) lens. I have to focus by adjusting the focusing tube in the scope and can only check from D70 viewfinder. Problem is that if the light is dim and 'cause of the mag - very difficult to see the faint if it is in focus.

And, btw, the light loss from the scope is much less than a typical camera lens.

Haha, sorry was distracted when I typed that. Should have read:

On the D70, you can only 'manual focus' by turning until the green dot lights up. Manual focus by relying on the image in the viewfinder is not reliable for the following reasons: :embrass:

novaD70 said:
Yr sentence no punctuation - difficult to catch your point.

Anyway, my problem is this: this sporting scope - actually is a telescope - I got an adapter to mount to the D70 (minus the eyepiece) - so it become a simple f7(?) lens. I have to focus by adjusting the focusing tube in the scope and can only check from D70 viewfinder. Problem is that if the light is dim and 'cause of the mag - very difficult to see the faint if it is in focus.

And, btw, the light loss from the scope is much less than a typical camera lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.