How to make someone's face look slim in a photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
my suggestions:

try various angles to get the best angle that will give your friend the best look. When I see someone with a square jaw, I try to get them to look down a little or try to take from the top.

use other props - her hair to shield part of her face. use scarf for her neck. wear a hat, etc.

hope that this helps. all the best for your shoot! :)

too chiem.... dont understand what u mean by 3:2 and 4:3... can explain? thanks

He's talking about the aspect ratio.
Have you ever watched those wide-screen DVD movies on a normal TV (full-screen mode, not letterbox) ? All the people become "thinner" and "taller", haha.

He's talking about the aspect ratio.
Have you ever watched those wide-screen DVD movies on a normal TV (full-screen mode, not letterbox) ? All the people become "thinner" and "taller", haha.

ok. i got it but how do i adjust that? in PS or in camera or in positioning of the head?

pardon my silly questions.... thanks

ok. i got it but how do i adjust that? in PS or in camera or in positioning of the head?

pardon my silly questions.... thanks

I think DCA meant it as a joke ;)
If you really did that, then everything in the photo will become distorted, not just that person's face. Better to follow the advice from the other posts.

I think DCA meant it as a joke ;)
If you really did that, then everything in the photo will become distorted, not just that person's face. Better to follow the advice from the other posts.

:) thank you. haha

How about if the person's nose is too small or too big?

How about if the person's nose is too small or too big?
use a soft edge brush,
mask out the nose,
copy the nose into new layer,
use transform tool to enlarge, or reduce, or lengthen, or shorten the nose,
once you please with the result, flatten the layer, it's done

Status
Not open for further replies.