How to make Singaporeans happy here??

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
How????

Now everything Singaporeans complain, how to satisfy them???:think:

How????

Now everything Singaporeans complain, how to satisfy them???:think:

send them to the wild side of africa for 3 years, where they have to walk 10 km to find water, have to plant their own crops, have to face the possibility of racial cleansing every now and then.

after they come back, they will all declare that singapore is Heaven.

either that or they won't come back, and then they'll be happier somewhere else. africa is quite a beautiful place mar. :bsmilie:

They need to learn to be contented and set realistic goal. :)

Last edited:

depends on how u take it lor...

i like ppl who complain and get stuff done. complaining is fine. it means there is a problem. the difference between ppl who whine and ppl who make sense are that the latter makes no significant change, while the former are the ppl who makes changes.

if einstein was contented with newton's laws of motion, we wont have his relativity. and that also means no gps for many of u out there.

guess the solving the issue part is the more impt one lor:angel:

i once met a bunch of GWC on the streets shooting a XMM model.

they were all waving around their cameras and discussing loudly what to do with their next paycheck, what gear to buy, and how many photoshoots to go for next month.

one of them said that he was going to switch back to nikon again because the canon 1d mark IV was not good enough for high iso. another one asked him why he didn't just stick to his d3 back then, then he said that the megapixels not enough.

he then went on to say that he had decided to retire at 35 to the cayman islands. :bsmilie:

i like ppl who complain and get stuff done. complaining is fine. it means there is a problem. the difference between ppl who whine and ppl who make sense are that the latter makes no significant change, while the former are the ppl who makes changes.

if einstein was contented with newton's laws of motion, we wont have his relativity. and that also means no gps for many of u out there.

i don't think einstein went around complaining on online forums that newton's laws of motion were horrible :bsmilie:

no, complaining is pointless other than the fact that you get to release some steam. other than that, complaining serves to do nothing, but to delay the action you would have to take if you really have a real problem in the first place. :bsmilie:

but then again, there are problems that you can't solve, like people complaining. you can't really just go around and cut off people's fingers to prevent them from typing, or take away their internet account. so i guess, you can just complaing about them complaining and make jokes about everything while you're at it. :bsmilie:

Why complain when you can get done? To seek attention or to tell others that you are hard working.

Why complain when you can get done? To seek attention or to tell others that you are hard working.

i'm afraid that other people will not notice that i have a mouth, or a brain that can express negative thoughts. :bsmilie:

Read this from a 14 year old:

Dear TR,

After reading mails from Ms Melissa Quek, Mr Devoran, Ms T.Rajendran and Ms Judy Eng, I’ve decided to stop idling behind the computer screen waiting for change to happen. I’m writing in hopes that I can reach out to people whom may read and perhaps relate to what I have been experiencing as of late.

First off, I’m a 14-year-old Secondary School student. My family aren’t rich, but we are staying in a 4-room HDB flat. Even though I’m 14, I understand the things that are happening.

A little about my current family position. My mother has cancer and she has to go for check-ups regularly.

Early last month, about 8 hours after my mother had left for a checkup at Singapore General Hospital, I went with my father. It was 11pm then, and we both were worried about her. There was no reason for a checkup to be this long. So we went, but we didn’t know which block she was at. I called her by phone.

Turns out that she was at the emergency block, Block 1.

A little of a back-story. A doctor who removed the tumor in her right lung claimed there was no need for chemotherapy. However, she still complained of pain in her right chest. It turned out that the cancer cells had already infected her lymph nodes and it wasn’t detected then. Now it’s too late though. The cancer cells are slowly eating her life away.

Now that when I recall this incident, I feel disgust and hate towards this medical standard. Is this acceptable? Why should a check-up, in the EMERGENCY block, end up being 8 hours long?! How on earth did that doctor think that chemotherapy was not necessary? I had no idea what happened. By the time my mother had received the report and we reached home, it was almost 2am. I missed school the next day as I was too fatigued.

What is the government doing? Did they even CHECK? Where’s our money going?!

Obviously that greedy geezer and the famiLEE.

This really angers me. My mother also has very little money left in her bank. She cannot go to work, and now I’m also trying to save as much as I can so she doesn’t have to give me too much allowance everyday. GIRO doesn’t help much either. Luckily, my now married sister and brother, who have their own families, are helping. But that doesn’t even amount to much. It’s still a hard road to walk, but walk it we must.

Other than this beyond disappointing medical incident, I also have a school life. It’s not very enjoyable either.

MRT, public buses. I’m sure everyone knows that it’s crowded as heck, and my gigantic monster of a school bag doesn’t help either. Going my car isn’t any better. The road is congested as hell in the morning. In the afternoon, it’s better. But I occasionally have a couple of PRs sitting in the seat before me, talking loudly non-stop. Even the earpieces blasting my ears to deaf doesn’t help.

In school, sometimes we have CME or PG lessons and the teacher gives the class a worksheet which sings praises about what *** has done for the people. One I recall from memory, was roughly,

“Every time I see old folks gathering recyclables from a garbage can on the street, my heart laments for them. The people these days are lacking filial piety…” …. “…I am glad that the government is helping the needy with assistance schemes. The government is doing a good job.”

Obviously there is something very wrong there. I thought to myself, ‘if the government is doing a good job, then why are these old folks gathering and selling recyclables?’ I asked the teacher so, but he just shrugged and replied that he doesn’t know why.

He’s probably another brainwashed *** dog, that’s why.

Also, 4 china students transfered into my class during the past month. They are always getting the praises and 1st place for tests/exams. They are leeching the motivation out of everyone. No one really mixes with them. The whole class might as well be a class for PRs instead! I cannot really express myself too well with words, but every time I see them, I can’t help but hate their attitude. I know not all of them are bad, but with all these incidents like then acting all big and mighty, or talking loud and sometimes insulting us behind our back loudly, really left this impression on me.

The government loves them too. They bring money with them. They are also cheaper, faster, better. The way I see it, they are cheaters, liars, asses. Again, I know not all of them are bad. I am referring to the ones that really gives the impression. I have seen it too many times. It’s easy to tell.

I also sometimes worry about my future if I were to continue to stay in Singapore. No doubt the population density would get really dense, and at some point, buying a house would blow a million dollars. Everything sucks you dry. So therefore I arrived with this conclusion. If nothing is done right to change is broken system, then I’m moving to another country. Living here is as good as being in a lifetime debt to the government, and that is the same as being on a leash.I feel so much rage for this greedy government. Leeching our money, which they then throw them in a well praying a genie would come out. I vow, if *** is still not voted out after the next election, then goodbye, Singapore, I’m moving onto another country once I am able to stand on my own.

By the by, there’s more mind control worksheets I’ve done.

“Do you feel proud to be a Singaporean? If so, why?

”No. The government is ignorant and greedy, that’s why.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I feel better getting these off my chest. You may do whatever you wish with this.

http://www.transitioning.org/2010/0...-by-the-next-general-election-temasek-review/

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/0...s-not-voted-out-by-the-next-general-election/

Btw, contented doesn't mean that one has to stop thinking or stop improving, but to understand yourself and the circumstance, setting realistic goal in ones life.

One has to stay in a third world country for a prolonged period of time in order to appreciate what they have now... then again, one might actually find happiness there.... LOLZ

Last edited:
man's wants will increase through years . . . from a simple phone to a i-phone, from taking bus to having a car, 3-Rm to 4-Rm to ....

there is no end . . . :(

We must learn to be contented and be happy . . . we will XXX one of the day . . .why make ourselves so sad ? :think:

i'm afraid that other people will not notice that i have a mouth, or a brain that can express negative thoughts. :bsmilie:

well.

complains that actually matter are called FEEDBACK:bsmilie:

complains that dun matter are called whining

lol!

wah power sia the CS censors, even censor the URLs one.

I think if the youths are starting to feel disillusioned and don't feel they belong, it is still a very bad phenomena. I don't care if we are just being shallow, whining because we haven't gone through hardship, too pampered etc. When people don't feel they belong to the country, it is bad for the unity of the country, and something has to be done.

wah power sia the CS censors, even censor the URLs one.

I think if the youths are starting to feel disillusioned and don't feel they belong, it is still a very bad phenomena. I don't care if we are just being shallow, whining because we haven't gone through hardship, too pampered etc. When people don't feel they belong to the country, it is bad for the unity of the country, and something has to be done.

if u really wanna talk abt the foreign policies...

1 in every 3 ppl in singapore isnt a singaporean.:sweat:

i guess the more significant advantage they have over students would be the extra 1-2 years older than us... for a young kid, the difference in a year or 2 can mean a big difference in maturity level, which has some form of impact of their studies... at least to me i see the difference:)

You can please some people all the time or
you can please all people some of the time, but
you can never please ALL people ALL the time.

must majullah singapura...

if u really wanna talk abt the foreign policies...

1 in every 3 ppl in singapore isnt a singaporean.:sweat:

i guess the more significant advantage they have over students would be the extra 1-2 years older than us... for a young kid, the difference in a year or 2 can mean a big difference in maturity level, which has some form of impact of their studies... at least to me i see the difference:)

Not only maturity, but also they have already learned everything in their homeland. If they can learn English in their time spend in the secondary schools, it will set them up for some serious advantage over the locals. Everyone here knows a place in a good JC here almost guarantees you entrance into a good university, so there. I'm not sure about this meritocracy thing anymore, does it still work now? Is it really true that we are all competing on fair ground when others have 2 years headstart in terms of content/knowledge and maturity. It does make a significant difference in secondary school.