How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTFM = Read The F***ing Manual.

RTFM = Ring The Fat Mama. When in doubt, ring the fat mama (RTFM).

DSC_42351.jpg

SHUTTER MODE S:1/10 A:F4.2 ISO: HI 1(3200)

yeah!! finally upload the photo. will try to upload more for advice.

From the setting (shutter speed 1/10 ISO 3200), can tell that the lighting is very very dark. Either you get a wider aperture lens, a speedlight, or move your subject to a brighter place to take pictures of them.

you definitely did not use flash.

learn the fact, that no matter how powerful or expensive the camera is, you cannot make light appear when there is NO light to begin with.

I can see that the shot was taken in very low light. so learn to use flash. If you still prefer to shoot without flash, please do consider using a D700 with higher ISO performance.

you can see noise everywhere (which cannot be helped), you can see motion blur everywhere.

You could have just used your popup flash right?

RTFM: Remember The Flash Man (remember that your camera comes with a built-in flash).

I'm not sure if the Canon could really do a better job in this kind of conditions. If the lens aperture is f/2 (which is 2 stops faster), you could use ISO1600 (a stop less sensitive) to reduce the noise, and increase the shutter speed to 1/20 (a stop faster) to reduce the blur. Still, I'd consider that it's still slightly under exposed.

You could have just used your popup flash right?

RTFM: Remember The Flash Man (remember that your camera comes with a built-in flash).

I like this.. ;p :thumbsup:

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/thumbs/DSC_42263.jpg

SHUTTER MODE S:1/8 A:4 ISO 1600 BULIT IN FLASH

As this i use flash and seem like it over expose.

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/medium/DSC_4238.jpg

SHUTTER MODE S:l1/10 A:F4.2 ISO:1600
For this photo is dark and high noise level

I believe is the user setting problem.
Pls do advice about the setting..

What was the setting on the Canon?

I'm not sure if the Canon could really do a better job in this kind of conditions. If the lens aperture is f/2 (which is 2 stops faster), you could use ISO1600 (a stop less sensitive) to reduce the noise, and increase the shutter speed to 1/20 (a stop faster) to reduce the blur. Still, I'd consider that it's still slightly under exposed.

My fren using 500D ,S mode and ISO 1600 has a better shots. I follow his setting but mine... :(

DSC_42263.jpg

SHUTTER MODE S:1/8 A:4 ISO 1600 BULIT IN FLASH

As this i use flash and seem like it over expose.

The exposure for this pic is ok and not overexposed. There are ghosting effect due to the very low shutter speed (1/8s) and the subjects moved.

DSC_4238.jpg

SHUTTER MODE S:l1/10 A:F4.2 ISO:1600
For this photo is dark and high noise level

You need to use a flash for this pic. In this pic the shutter speed is again too low for a clear shot.

I bet your camera settings for ISO is "AUTO", you can leave it to AUTO but there is another settings that limits and lowest and highest ISO that the camera will use. Try to see which high ISO settings is acceptable to you and set the limit there. If you do not want to use flash or tripod then get a fast lens you can get 35mm f/1.8 AFS ($380) or the 50 mm F/1.4 AFS ($750 - 800), remember your D60 can only support those lenses with "AFS". IF you want an affordable flash you can get SB400 ($180) which is more than enough for a beginner like you.

The shot with the built-in flash looks like it's properly exposed to me.

The second shot looks like it will be too dark even for the D700 to handle with a small aperture and no flash.

simple.

since i doubt you understand any single thing we are saying, do as follows:

1. Set to Auto Mode on your dial.
2. Aim.
3. Shoot.

Flash will go off, Shutter speed will be fast enough to freeze motion, and slow enough for the background to be exposed a bit.

and btw, your friend's pict and your pict.

main difference is that his has FLASH and yours DOES NOT.

Last edited:
I would really suggest the TS to start shooting with P mode with the internal flash first, to learn the rope. Once you are comfortable with it, you can then venture into using A or S mode.

Btw, please leave the EXIF data in the pics, as those data will let us see the settings for the shots, and in turn help spot any errors that you'd made.

excellent shots bro FusionMist.

Status
Not open for further replies.