How to make my pictures turn out brighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terence19

Sep 4, 2006
JERVOIS
How to make my pictures turn out less red in color and brighter?:embrass:

30D
17-55mm F2.8

Thank you

If you are using the Aperture or Shutter mode, you can adjust the exposure compensation by using the back wheel to make things brighter.

or use the built in flash

Like what Belle&Sebastain has said,increase ur exposure and for less red erm..decrease saturation?

How about color temp?

What does AEB does?

I try reading the manual but i do not think i am doing the correct thing.

Any creative mode, half shuttle than turn the back wheel will increase the exposure thus will make pictures brighter?

Than how to control the tone of potraits, mine seem very rosy.

I try reading the manual but i do not think i am doing the correct thing.

Any creative mode, half shuttle than turn the back wheel will increase the exposure thus will make pictures brighter?

Than how to control the tone of potraits, mine seem very rosy.

You might be underexposing, hence some colour tones turn out bolder than they should.

Otherwise, desaturate in photoshop, or shoot RAW and tweak your white balance using colour temperature.

it would help if you post a sample photo with the exif intact :thumbsup:

these days, i rather underexpose purposely by 1-2 stops then adjust back.. fiddling ard with Zone System... underexpose tweak back @ most abit of noise...overexpose liaoz no more details

these days, i rather underexpose purposely by 1-2 stops then adjust back.. fiddling ard with Zone System... underexpose tweak back @ most abit of noise...overexpose liaoz no more details

Shooting RAW, I find overexposing slightly renders less noise. You'd be surprised how much detail is actually retained if you overexpose up to a stop over with RAW.

maybe can check your in-camera WB balance also... i used to set it away from default and didn't know and wonder for a year why all my images always so blue... :(

Shooting RAW, I find overexposing slightly renders less noise. You'd be surprised how much detail is actually retained if you overexpose up to a stop over with RAW.

hmm i will try that the next time round...

Status
Not open for further replies.