How to make border round the photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent

Dec 23, 2004
in photoshop like this?

PICT0213.jpg

hope the owner of this photo don't mind me using this here...

Simple borders :

Use image/canvas size

Then tick the "relative" box and put in whatever size (inches or pixels etc.) and colour (choose white/black or others or double click the small colour square on the right of the "canvas extension color to choose the colour you want) of the border you want.

Click ok and you're done.

You can add more layers by doing the same again with a different colour if you want. E.g. a thin white border followed by a bigger black border.

thanks for your help!

ok, now i have a slight problem. After making the background thing, it is like this:

but i wanna develop it so have to crop to 6R size. It becomes this now:

Part of the top border had been cut off due to the cropping. Any way i can crop to the size i want and retain the full border?

The border may not come out proportionally on the photos.

xotic said:
The border may not come out proportionally on the photos.

Nope... Think if u wanna 6R size, u hav to crop e pic first to 6R minus the thickness of the border.

If u cropped it to 6R first than add border, it will be greater than 6R i.e. plus the thickness of the border. If u were to sent for printing, the border will be chopped.

hazta said:
Nope... Think if u wanna 6R size, u hav to crop e pic first to 6R minus the thickness of the border.

If u cropped it to 6R first than add border, it will be greater than 6R i.e. plus the thickness of the border. If u were to sent for printing, the border will be chopped.

so there is no way to have exactly 6R sized with border?

Status
Not open for further replies.