How to make a good cup of coffee?

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
I tried many different brands including blue mountain but none has the ooomph to make me stay alert. I think it must be the way I prepare the coffee. Is there any way to prepare it so that the coffee smell and taste good. Also what brand of coffee are you drinking?

I tried many different brands including blue mountain but none has the ooomph to make me stay alert. I think it must be the way I prepare the coffee. Is there any way to prepare it so that the coffee smell and taste good. Also what brand of coffee are you drinking?

to me there's no special way to make a cuppa joe. but it has to cater to your taste. but this is what i do. 250ml of hot water, 2 1/2 teaspons of coffee powder (try it with Nescafe Gold) and 3/4 teaspoons of sugar.

i used to make coffee at the American Club a few years back :bsmilie:

i like expressos. and of course, cafe americano. black, no sugar ;)

I use kilimanjaro AA coffee in an 80/20 blend with Hawaii Kona, with 1/2 stick of cinnamon, and brown sugar as a sweetener. I use 4 heaping tablespoons and a french press. Makes 2 big cups of yummy coffee.

first, coffee bean must be eaten by civet cat. next, cat must poop. then u take the bean that went through poop to make coffee

to me there's no special way to make a cuppa joe. but it has to cater to your taste. but this is what i do. 250ml of hot water, 2 1/2 teaspons of coffee powder (try it with Nescafe Gold) and 3/4 teaspoons of sugar.

i used to make coffee at the American Club a few years back :bsmilie:

i like expressos. and of course, cafe americano. black, no sugar ;)

I used to do the expresso without sugar thingy but that is really heaty if you keep doing it 2-3 cups a day. Soon you'll find your bottom with little lumps. So I stopped doing that.

My office boy told me need to pre-rinse the cup with hot water and melt the coffee powder with boiling hot water, stir really hard. Then add in sugar and stir really hard again. Then fill up with hot water. Sounds like making chinese tea to me :)

Sometimes, I find the coffee being sold in Yat Kun and the likes much better than the branded ones that I buy.

Sometimes, I find the coffee being sold in Yat Kun and the likes much better than the branded ones that I buy.

I find Wang's coffee better than Yakun's. It's more consistent..try the one at plaz sing..kopi-c kow siew tai..mmmmmm;p

I use kilimanjaro AA coffee in an 80/20 blend with Hawaii Kona, with 1/2 stick of cinnamon, and brown sugar as a sweetener. I use 4 heaping tablespoons and a french press. Makes 2 big cups of yummy coffee.

hmm...sounds good but wouldn't the cinnamon and brown sugar will mask the smell of coffee?

I find Wang's coffee better than Yakun's. It's more consistent..try the one at plaz sing..kopi-c kow siew tai..mmmmmm;p

I like my coffee black (O), without c or si and milk or nah. Must have the native coffee smell or bee.

Use a long spoon.

one day i need to find you at AMK and rob your hou-... i mean. meet up for a nice cup of coffee ;p

9V-Orion Images said:
I'm too lazy to make my own cup of coffee, I just let the Nespresso machine do its job. :sweat:

Same....hassle free....:sweat:

I not really into coffee....just "need" it. :bsmilie:

one day i need to find you at AMK and rob your hou-... i mean. meet up for a nice cup of coffee ;p

And I have kopi luwak at home too. Chocolatey!

hmm...sounds good but wouldn't the cinnamon and brown sugar will mask the smell of coffee?

Nope. That's why only use a bit of cinnamon, like 1cm. It adds a wonderful hint of spice to the aroma. The brown sugar blends well with the smell, it's white sugar or honey that ruin the aroma.