Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes

Nov 15, 2003
Australia
www.aljazeera.net
Something triggered this last night.

I was watching the 9:30pm news on my comfy sofa and suddenly a black UFO sized like a table tennis ball flew in from the balcony windows hovered across the plains of my living room- landeding itself on my new 29' LCD!

It an American Cockroach! ;(

I flung myself into the kitchen, grabbed a popular brand of insecticide and found that I had a problem. I can't bring myself to spray onto my new LCD. So with some help of a newspaper rolled into a ball, I managed to hit it well enough to cause the roach to slip and fell from my TV.

Immediate action took place. I had no hesitation or whatsoever in using up my 600ml can of brand new insecticide on this grotesque trespasser.

To my amazement this ugly creature refused to die despite me already using up a 1/4 of gas from my can. It took me 20 full minutes of chasing the little monster around my house and 1/2 a can of insecticide before it finally flipped and gave up- but it was still moving it's legs on it's back! :bigeyes:

After some reading online, I come to realised that these little things are so hard to kill. They can survive 4 - 42 degress celsius and can turn parthenogenetic (ie. no need to mate in order to lay eggs) when they feel there isn't any male species around. furthermore, they can grow resistant to harsh environment which includes chemical war.

Some ways to kill roaches in the poll were suggested from people around the world gathered online.

Perhaps you guys can help to add to or suggest how would you handle such situations.

Thanks in advance- I'd never felt so vulnerable in a long time. :sweatsm:

:)

For me I will kill it.. it is a pests and can spread germs and diseases. The cockroach is probably the only living thing that would survive a nuclear fallout, it has immune properties to radiation.

../azul123

i will walk to the cockroach, then use my hands to grab the head of the cockroach. although the wings will flap, but it cant get away. then i will go the window and throw it outside.

and after that i will pray the cockroach fly to my irritating idiot neighbour house.

My best weapon is Baygon & Newspaper.

Next time try to aim the nozzle below the cockroach, I find that it really kills them very fast, almost instant.

The back of the cockroach seems to be like impervious to such insecticide.

cut the haed off .. those thing still can live for a week ..

so ...

ar ... pen knife .. and Canon mpe 65 ... :) mirco ..
Let see what are those guys make of ...

:)

love Thy enemy....

put it on a leash and walk it like your pet next morning...

if you cant kill it .... live with it :D:bsmilie:

Fire! It can kill pretty much kill every living thing. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

cockroaches ??

simple

recite latin exorcism rites and they all be gone. :sticktong

Newspaper...rolled up that is. :bsmilie:

Newspaper and whack him hard.Whack till the guts come out...then clean up

It's quite amusing reading your incident. Btw, roaches don't die immediately on contact with insecticides. So no need to chase it around the house and leaving oily residue wherever it (and you) go!

One way is to entice it away from your TV, and spray some insecticide on it. Don't worry, it will run and hide but it WILL die... maybe hours later, and in a bright place.

Roaches would be histories when I chance upon them, whack it with a rolled newspaper! I leave no prisoners! ;)

I'll blast them to smithereens with my home made triple loaded rubberband gun!!:sweatsm: :bsmilie:

I usually try to find something to hit it. If I can't get hold of any immediate thing, I will grab it with bare hands, exert pressure on the head till the whole head caves in (which kills it instantly) and then throw it away and wash my hands immediately :bsmilie:

General use insecticides, such as those sold to the general public in supermarkets, are of very low active ingredient concentrations. And lots of pests have actually developed immunity to these chemicals, so you often find you may have to empty close to a whole can to kill a single insect. Try to avoid using these, they often do more harm than good. Physical methods like hitting or squashing them are still more direct and show immediate result!

you gotta give respect to these creatures, man..

they are highly evolved and highly adaptable to any environment. that's why they have been ard for soo dam long, even outlasting the dinosaurs. they are very sucessful as far as evolution goes.

remember, we came far later than they did, so it's WE who intruded on their environment, not the other way ard.

what i usually do is chase them out of the apartment n hope they don't come back. if all else fails, i do what most men would do ... call their wifes to take care of it :D i have a phobia of such creatures u see hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.