How to kepp Canon batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrozact

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I've got 2 batteries for the Canon S45 but I realise I hardly use the camera. What is the best way to keep the battery? Normally what I do is just leave the batteries out of the camera until I want to use it, but I've got this Megapower battery that died on me within 2 or 3 months, although my original Canon battery is still doing fine.

phrozact said:
I've got 2 batteries for the Canon S45 but I realise I hardly use the camera. What is the best way to keep the battery? Normally what I do is just leave the batteries out of the camera until I want to use it, but I've got this Megapower battery that died on me within 2 or 3 months, although my original Canon battery is still doing fine.

That's the risk with cheap 3 party battery. <*sigh*> :eek:

U could keep your battery & camera in a dry box/cabinet if u have one.

wacko said:
http://www.buchmann.ca/article23-page2.asp

good guidelines for Li-Ion batteries. have a good read!
thanks, hopefully the things they said on the site are reliable, too bad there's no real conclusive way to determine the best method of storing these batteries. i'll just attribute the failure of that Megapower battery as a manufacturing fault...

phrozact said:
thanks, hopefully the things they said on the site are reliable, too bad there's no real conclusive way to determine the best method of storing these batteries. i'll just attribute the failure of that Megapower battery as a manufacturing fault...
take a look at the "About the Author" part, this fella has more expertise on batteries than any digital photography websites that attempts to review rechargeable batteries.

the megapower batt didn't come with a warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.