How to keep your camera equipments when you're living overseas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

efyap

Dec 29, 2008
Singapore
Hi everyone,

I'm about to be posted to Melbourne for a year. Besides shipping my dry-box over there vs. buying one when I've settled down there, is there any other way of keeping my DSLR and lens when I'm in a city like Melbourne (taking into consideration it's environmental factors)? Silica Gel? Hungry Hippo? Or I should really get a dry-box over there?

Thanks!

If you take each piece of equipment and use it for a bit every other day, you could just leave it lying around in the open and it would be fine (if you're worried about fungus).

aren't the humidity levels in Singapore higher than in Australia? (generally speaking of course....humidity is low here in Oz..especially during winter..which is like..now)

Last edited:
Humidity in OZ is quite a bit lower versus Singapore. Probably just some silica gel in your camera bag should be fine.

Why not get a cheap 2nd hand Dry Cabinate while you are at Oz.... then resell it once you come back. Surely they also have similar Website like ClupSNAP with a big Buy/Sell section.... :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

I'm about to be posted to Melbourne for a year. Besides shipping my dry-box over there vs. buying one when I've settled down there, is there any other way of keeping my DSLR and lens when I'm in a city like Melbourne (taking into consideration it's environmental factors)? Silica Gel? Hungry Hippo? Or I should really get a dry-box over there?

Thanks!
is there a relocation package offered by your company? Normally the company will provide air freight/sea freight assistance when they relocate staff to another location.

Status
Not open for further replies.