how to keep the camera lense algae free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy a dry cabinet and set it to 45% RH and store all your equipments in there. It will definitely grow if you leave them lying around in the humid weather.

I did not poke fun at TS. :bsmilie: I presumed TS is really asking for permanent submersible camera where the lense window will have algae after setting in the water for weeks.

If TS is referring to fungus, then I will be very very upset, since one cannot even differentiate between a fungus and green/brown algae and will be treat everyone as a fool instead. :sweat:

Eh, you guys are nasty... TS is new leh....

Welcome to CS... Most of us are bored, and poking fun at almost everything that breath and moves.

Maybe TS do underwater photography take photo in fish tank and leave the camera in the tank? :think:

Eh, you guys are nasty... TS is new leh....

Welcome to CS... Most of us are bored, and poking fun at almost everything that breath and moves.

hello!!!!!!!

you also never tell cs how to keep lenses algae free :bsmilie:

Hi Cherie,

Please don't worry too much about what the rest of the comments that are poking fun of you. I would have made the same mistake myself if I am a newbie. Cheers and hope you'd enjoy your stay in ClubSNAP.

P/S: If you would like to keep fungus away from your lenses, you can either use a dry box with silica gels, or use a dry cabinet. I would recommend using a dry cabinet, because even though the initial investment is higher, it is more convenient in the long run, and you can be more confident that your lenses won't be ruined due to forgetting to change the silica gels.

Cheers.

hi,

I'm still new to all this.

can anyone tell me how do i keep the lense of camera algae free?

will it definitely grow on the lense?

:D

it certainly is NOT normal for algae to grow on the lens... but of course to prevent algae from ever growing, keep ur lenses dry from any moisture before storage. one thing that usually does grow on lenses especially in humid s'pore would be fungus. for that it's recommend to store lenses in environment with relative humidity of 40-45%, u can either get a dry cabinet or dry box w silica gel

keep it in a oven (Max) and remember to close the oven door and even better, seal it.

What is this all about? I don't get it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.