How to keep lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSeet

Mar 11, 2003
North East
www.kelvinseet.com
Hi!

May I know what is the proper position to keep lenses please?

Do I stand it up on the lens side, the connectiing side or do I leave it on its side where it can roll?

How about in the bag? How should I place it?

Thanks!

Some people prefer to put it on the side so that it will not topple. It really depends on your preference I think. I placed it with the mount side down, primarily due to the lack of space in the dry cabinet.

Some people prefer to put it on the side so that it will not topple. It really depends on your preference I think. I placed it with the mount side down, primarily due to the lack of space in the dry cabinet.

okie! so its fine to do so hor? As long as it doesn't damage the lens can liao! Thanks guys!

Up to individual and also availability of space in bag and dry cab.

Long lenses are usually lying down because of the cab height limit and I don't think the rather thin shelf can tahan the weight/pressure exerted w/o distorting it.

in fact, it can be placed in any direction.
for me,

in dry cab) place lying down. stand up took up too much space. my dry cab oso got the "UUU" shape foam to support.

on tables for viewing (not to be used)... the connecting side down.... this way look better

in bag or table when "ready to use mode", the cap down... so when i wanna use, 1 hand open the connecting cap, take out the lens on the body, put down, put the cap from 1 lens to another, take up the lens and mount it on. ****sounds confused?

I never seperate the lens from the DSLR body, would it affect the DSLR body and lens?

My lens is 18-200mm on a D40X body.

Would it affect the camera and lens when store in a dry box / cabinet? Any advise?

Do most people store the DSLR with or without the lens on? Which is better?

i always store mine with the lens on. better than taking out n have more dust entering. it is ok to leave the lens on.

I never seperate the lens from the DSLR body, would it affect the DSLR body and lens?

My lens is 18-200mm on a D40X body.

Would it affect the camera and lens when store in a dry box / cabinet? Any advise?

Do most people store the DSLR with or without the lens on? Which is better?

Normally on...

We're discussing more on the spare ones... ;);)

I keep them the way they came in the box. mount side up.

hmm... wont storing the lens on the mount side down be dangerous with long or big lenses, where the mounting end is much smaller than the lens front end?

i usually store my lens with mount side up regardless of lens length.

why mount side down

won't it be better/more stable to store it lens front element side down?

Status
Not open for further replies.