how to 'hide' your dslr during walk about?

furyhawk

Mar 8, 2010
was on the street with my stock 550d. find myself abit too conspicuous.

any strap to recommend? and how to reduce your profile?

why do u want to "hide" your dslr? u might as well as get a pns if want to be "low profile"

How to hide?
Even a small camera is obvious...

put in your bag...i thought nowadays dslr is part of "fashion" lots ppl walking ard with dslr :dunno:

Stand behind Denniskee, Peterpan or me, and no one on the streets will be able to see your camera ... or even see you! :devil: :bsmilie:

BTW, just curious - are there 'customized' 550Ds?

can the limited edition of 550D be considered as "customized"? :D of course only customized as per jackie's style..that is...

was on the street with my stock 550d. find myself abit too conspicuous....................................
Your camera is fine, just loosed more weight, don't wear loud flashy clothes & don't talk very loudly with lots of hand gestures while using your mobile phone :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

can the limited edition of 550D be considered as "customized"? :D of course only customized as per jackie's style..that is...

No lah ... that's just a very poor attempt at extended marketing. IMHO - FAIL. Never paint the body red and gold! Also got no cracks and chunks missing after bring rolled down a hill-side village, get blown up in several cars and tossed from a super sky-scrapper! How can!!! :angry: :bsmilie:

Your camera is fine, just loosed more weight, don't wear loud flashy clothes & don't talk very loudly with lots of hand gestures while using your mobile phone :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

On the contrary, dress, scream and act like Chris Rock in the Fifth Element and no one will even notice you're carrying a DSLR! :bsmilie:

oh man! like chris rock in 5th element...u made my day LMAO:bsmilie::bsmilie:

TS, don't mind me asking but what is your rationale behind asking this question? Why would you want to hide your camera when you're shooting?? :dunno::dunno:

You taking on a role of a PI?:bsmilie:

Why did you buy the DSLR for since you know the "size" is big?
maybe can downgrade to a PnS to hide it in yr shirt pocket.

buy a soft toy like this, cut open from the back, hide your camera inside with the lens coming out from the belly, you can use the camera without people noticing.

hope this help.

Chimpanzee_Monkey_Soft_toy.jpg

No strap. :thumbsup:

Reduce your profile? Hmm. Maybe you can go into leopard crawl position or something. Should be low enough if you don't have too big a belly.

buy Canon EF 800mm f/5.6 L IS USM and show everyone that you are

seriously serious about serious photography ..

buy a soft toy like this, cut open from the back, hide your camera inside with the lens coming out from the belly, you can use the camera without people noticing.

hope this help.

Chimpanzee_Monkey_Soft_toy.jpg

Great suggestion catchlights..but i think with that monkey people will notice him even more! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Dslr is now SO common.. so the only one feeling uncomfortable is you .. dun worry about it after awhile you get over it.

your behaviour and body language counts for far more conspicuousness than the dslr.

for me, when i find my dslr too conspicuous, i summon doraemon and he lends me his magic portal of many treasures to store it.