how to have the fungus in lens cleaned?

zeldayoungeve

Apr 10, 2009
I 've got a lens that haven't been used for almost a year. Now it has a bit fungus inside the lens. Does anyone know how to clean the inside or know any place that have this kind of service that is not costly? Other than the fungus ,the lens is in awesome condition.So I'm not expecting to pay much and can't afford to pay much as well.. Really need help here. Thanks in advance.

A few shops in peninsular such as alex photo , and P&G in adelphi do cleaning but P&G charges kinda high if your not a regular ...
The cost also depend on your lens ,usually larger aperture lens will cost more.

anyway you can just ask for a quote , and from what ive heard prices range from $30 -$85

Agreed with Galdor, Look for Bro Fatigue (aka David) he's the man for ther job :)

thnx for the info.. HUh,, I'm really new here.Is there a search function in the forum? I googled on line but can't find Bro Fatigue's contact . Do you think you can help me?Great thanks to you.

Thnx,, now need the contact of David..

meanwhile, the lens I'm talking about is F3.5-4.5 70-300mm. The fungus is just at the side of the lens. Other than the fungus, the inside of the lens is super clean.

May I know what is the reasonable cost to clean this? Thanks a lot.

meanwhile, the lens I'm talking about is F3.5-4.5 70-300mm. The fungus is just at the side of the lens. Other than the fungus, the inside of the lens is super clean.

You can just bring down the lens to shops that does lens cleaning and ASK them for a quote right?:sweat:

Without seeing the damage and knowing how much needs to be done and how much efforts it takes to open the lens (let alone cost for replacement parts) .. how reasonable would be any price guess here?

A few shops in peninsular such as alex photo , and P&G in adelphi do cleaning but P&G charges kinda high if your not a regular ...
The cost also depend on your lens ,usually larger aperture lens will cost more.

anyway you can just ask for a quote , and from what ive heard prices range from $30 -$85

Alex photo does lens cleaning?Will try asking them one day:)

I 've got a lens that haven't been used for almost a year. Now it has a bit fungus inside the lens. Does anyone know how to clean the inside or know any place that have this kind of service that is not costly? Other than the fungus ,the lens is in awesome condition.So I'm not expecting to pay much and can't afford to pay much as well.. Really need help here. Thanks in advance.

If the fungus is one small spot, or one large area, the price will be similar. Why? because the repairman still have to open up the lens. It is the work involved in opening up the lens.

Some lens will be easy to open up. Some are extremely complex. So expect different prices for different lenses.

Thank you everyone for the helpful information.You guys are awesome.:D

i pm u david no