How to have a TOTALLY clear picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iltriumph

Feb 23, 2005
Saigon, Vietnam
www.vietnam720.com
Dear Guys,

Supposed I'm sitting in front of my desk and wanna take a shot of my handphone. What should I do in order to have picture of a completely clear shot of the phone? Clear including the edges, all the buttons and logos...

Is the trick to move at least 2 meters away and use a high f number?

Thank you for your time :)

If by "clear" you mean "sharp" and within the depth of field, then yes, you can use a high f number.

Hi Vince,

Yes, I was refering to a picture where everything is sharp, including the edges.

How do I know if I'm within the depth of field or not? Is there a table that tells one how far he should stand away from the subject when using a certain f number?

Thanks again

Hi Vince,

Yes, I was refering to a picture where everything is sharp, including the edges.

How do I know if I'm within the depth of field or not? Is there a table that tells one how far he should stand away from the subject when using a certain f number?

Thanks again

try and error?

anyway, try stand at a distance and shoot it head-on, so the distance frm lens to any part of the phone is roughly the same. focus on the middle and use a relatively high f-number to increase the DOF.

Dear Guys,

Supposed I'm sitting in front of my desk and wanna take a shot of my handphone. What should I do in order to have picture of a completely clear shot of the phone? Clear including the edges, all the buttons and logos...

determine the distance you need to get your phone into frame at the desired focal length..

input the data into www.dofmaster.com and adjust the aperture value till the depth of field is enough for a phone width, abt 8-10cm..

hahaha.. no need so troublesome bah.. just approximate can liao

Dear Guys,

Something like this? Check the EXIF.
DSCN5735s.jpg

Thanks guys for your help so far. I kind of got the idea liow. Stand far, use big f.number and agar agar.

One more question: Will a zoom lens make a difference? For eg if I have a zoom lens, say 300mm, will it affect the DOF by using the zoom from a distance?

Thanks again

Hi,to make the photo of your hp more pleasing to the eye,i suggest you have a white background behind the hp(studio style).Can be like white paper,thick white paper etc etc

Thanks guys for your help so far. I kind of got the idea liow. Stand far, use big f.number and agar agar.

One more question: Will a zoom lens make a difference? For eg if I have a zoom lens, say 300mm, will it affect the DOF by using the zoom from a distance?

Thanks again

the longer your focal length, the shallower the DOF and it also defers by the distance you are shooting from as well.

Setup your camera on tripod, use F8-16, increase contrast settings, increase sharpness settings. if super kiasu use flash + shutterspeed 1.6 over focal length.
Use afew A4 printing paper as background to ensure no distractions.

to control DOF

the shorter the focal length - you get more DOF

the longer the focus distance - you get more DOF

the greater the aperture number - you get more DOF

Dear Guys,

Focus on the phone and use F8, F13, F14 etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.