How to go up to Sheares Bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psx2sg

Mar 15, 2005
Tomato
Hi all

Do excuse me if anyone find this question stupid, but would appreciate if anyone can guide me the easiest and fastest way to go up to the bridge.

I'm a newbie and is interested to go up for photo shoots, but can anyone advice me where is the nearest parking and where i can walk up to the bridge?

thanks a million! :D

Suntec Tower 4 or Carrfour car park.

psx2sg said:
Hi all

Do excuse me if anyone find this question stupid, but would appreciate if anyone can guide me the easiest and fastest way to go up to the bridge.

I'm a newbie and is interested to go up for photo shoots, but can anyone advice me where is the nearest parking and where i can walk up to the bridge?

psx2sg said:
Hi all

U mean to take pics of cityscape of esplanade ( 1 fullerton, oub etc) ?

there's a stairway up the sheares bridge opposite ritz carlton milienia or millenia. Do look for sign going up cos it partially blocked by construction. Try ask the contruction workers over there for assist.

psx2sg said:
Hi all

It depends on which part u want to take. There are several entries to BSB.

i had to hike thru the construction area & some muddy areas b4 finding the stairway which is really hidden from public eyes.

I believe the most popular way is up the staircase near to Millenia Walk. Check out this link.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel.php?x=30899.709722222&y=30697.568819445&star=1&iconlist=star1,31744.8,29023.64;&xyfile=1153313413_9278&searchzone=Marina+South&searchmasterid=0&searchbuildingid=0&level=6

The staircase is near the words "Exit 15" which is in white with green background (without the words "Rochor Road"). You can park at the Millenia Walk carpark. The entrance is via Raffles Boulevard just after the Pan Pacific Hotel. (near to the work "Boulevard" at the bottom right of the map). The "entrance" to the staircase faces Millenia Walk.

This route brings you to the side of the bridge facing Marina Bay i.e. the Singapore skyline.

There is another staircase on the other side of the bridge. You can reach it by going under the bridge. The thick orange line with the words "Exit 15" is the bridge. This will bring you to the side facing Marina South.

There are 2 more staircases at the end of the bridge in the direction of Jurong. If you are already on the bridge and want to cross to the other side, it may be nearer if you use these stairs. Go down the one that's on whichever side you're on and go under the bridge to the other side, then up the other staircase.

Where will this year's NDP fireworks be launched?
If i were to take shots of the fireworks, which side of the bridge will be better? Facing marina or the CBD side?

sound-of-rev said:
Where will this year's NDP fireworks be launched?
If i were to take shots of the fireworks, which side of the bridge will be better? Facing marina or the CBD side?

Beside the stadium.

hey, thanks a million guys for the direction, really apprciate the help for a newbie :D

Tried finding the the way up Sheares Bridge today. Found a stairways near to Millenia Walk to be hidden behind the the construction area.

DSC_0825_1copy.jpg

Close-up
DSC_0827_1.jpg

Hope that helps.

Francis247 said:
Tried finding the the way up Sheares Bridge today. Found a stairways near to Millenia Walk to be hidden behind the the construction area.

Close-up

Hope that helps.

Clearest directions!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Francis247 said:

DSC_0825_1copy.jpg

Close-up
DSC_0827_1.jpg

Hope that helps.

Bro, but the fireworks will be at the stadium area. This stairs will only lead to the marina bay area.

Snoweagle said:
Bro, but the fireworks will be at the stadium area. This stairs will only lead to the marina bay area.

Will the view at the top of the bridge bridge be good enough for the fireworks?
Or other places is better?

sound-of-rev said:
Will the view at the top of the bridge bridge be good enough for the fireworks?
Or other places is better?

It's out for the fireworks cos it's on the other side.

To go up to the part where u're facing kallang river, u've to walk further down to other stairs which is next to a small building.

For stadium fireworks, I can recommend Kallang Riverside Park directly opposite national stadium. Lots of good vantage points alongside the river.:thumbsup:

justarius said:
For stadium fireworks, I can recommend Kallang Riverside Park directly opposite national stadium. Lots of good vantage points alongside the river.:thumbsup:

I also thought of that place but how to get there? I know directly opposite got the cannons firing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.