How to go about for register of business (photography)?

ominblue

Jun 23, 2007
Jurong West
prelaunch.sg
Hi all, as the title above, can anyone share their experience pls?
As I want to register my own biz but got a few qns.

1st. If I'm working for a company now, can I still go register my own company biz?
2nd. How much will I need to pay for registration n where is the add that I can go?
3rd. Any minimum requirement?

The rest of qns think I'll ask over there.
Hope all the bros here can guide me out of these few doubts I have.

Thanks so much,
Jack

It's the same as registering any other business.

Judging by the work on your website you may be very premature in attempting to start as a professional in the field.

Last edited:

Judging by the work on your website you may be very premature in attempting to start as a professional in the field.

Agreed. But wat do u suggest to me then?
Should I not go for register n stay this way 1st?
By when or to which level should I then have the need to register?

As I'm a bit lost n confused. Y I need to do so, is there are jobs I shoot for some company
ie. events, products. They will need me to bill an invoice to them.
So my doubts are: do they accept an invoice from me though there's no company registration only with my own branding?
This is more of my main concern.
Pls advice. Thanks.

Hi all, as the title above, can anyone share their experience pls?
As I want to register my own biz but got a few qns.

1st. If I'm working for a company now, can I still go register my own company biz?
2nd. How much will I need to pay for registration n where is the add that I can go?
3rd. Any minimum requirement?

The rest of qns think I'll ask over there.
Hope all the bros here can guide me out of these few doubts I have.

Thanks so much,
Jack
#1, depends on your present company's policy
#2, see the RCB site which Mr Ortega shown you.
#3, above 18, not in bankruptcy

As I'm a bit lost n confused. Y I need to do so, is there are jobs I shoot for some company
So my doubts are: do they accept an invoice from me though there's no company registration only with my own branding?
Pls advice. Thanks.
what Ian says is if you want to do it as a profession, make a living out of it, you still have long long way to go. he didn't say you can't register a business for your photography business.

anyway, you can register a business now, so that you can issue invoice with your company name to your clients, btw, if the job is a small sum, just ask your client to pay you in petty cash, not nessary to go thru all the paper works like QUOTATION, PURCHASE ORDER, JOB ORDER, JOB DELIVERY, INVOICE, PAYMENT ADVICE, PAYMENT RECEIPT blar blar blar.

it doesnt cost u much to register a business...so just go ahead...u never know when u might hit the big bomb

what Ian says is if you want to do it as a profession, make a living out of it, you still have long long way to go. he didn't say you can't register a business for your photography business.

anyway, you can register a business now, so that you can issue invoice with your company name to your clients, btw, if the job is a small sum, just ask your client to pay you in petty cash, not nessary to go thru all the paper works like QUOTATION, PURCHASE ORDER, JOB ORDER, JOB DELIVERY, INVOICE, PAYMENT ADVICE, PAYMENT RECEIPT blar blar blar.

plus submitting annual returns, filing tax etc :bsmilie:

Pls advice. Thanks.

There are others who will know Singapores business laws far better than I do and will be able to advise on when the process of registration becomes imperative. Generally speaking though (guys correct me if I'm wrong here) most countries including singapore allow people who are running a home based business under their real name to trade that way without the requirement for business registration, providing the job does not require the use of a workshop. Using your own name and branding etc should not be a problem as long as any invoices you issue are legitimate and so on.

#1, depends on your present company's policy
#2, see the RCB site which Mr Ortega shown you.
#3, above 18, not in bankruptcy

Thanks for answer in simplicity to my 3 qn. Easy for me to understand.

That's what I tot of convenience for me too. Only thing is, they want an invoice from me..

it doesnt cost u much to register a business...so just go ahead...u never know when u might hit the big bomb
:):)

plus submitting annual returns, filing tax etc :bsmilie:

Hi pal, still remember me? We'r in that event shoot that nite.
Thanks for the ride and it's great to hear some experience u shared with me too.

There are others who will know Singapores business laws far better than I do and will be able to advise on when the process of registration becomes imperative. Generally speaking though (guys correct me if I'm wrong here) most countries including singapore allow people who are running a home based business under their real name to trade that way without the requirement for business registration, providing the job does not require the use of a workshop. Using your own name and branding etc should not be a problem as long as any invoices you issue are legitimate and so on.

This will be the best if what you said above is true and applicable in Sg, so I dun need to need to go thru all the trouble.

Hope someone can confirm this.

Thanks for answer in simplicity to my 3 qn. Easy for me to understand.

That's what I tot of convenience for me too. Only thing is, they want an invoice from me..

:):)

Hi pal, still remember me? We'r in that event shoot that nite.
Thanks for the ride and it's great to hear some experience u shared with me too.

This will be the best if what you said above is true and applicable in Sg, so I dun need to need to go thru all the trouble.

Hope someone can confirm this.

Actually I have known a few full time photog who do not have a registered company, even doing gov event.

They still do issue invoice and keep a proper accounts (probably for personal tax purposes) I have also been invoiced by them. Instead of company name they just have their names and address on it.

Hope it helps.

Actually I have known a few full time photog who do not have a registered company, even doing gov event.

They still do issue invoice and keep a proper accounts (probably for personal tax purposes) I have also been invoiced by them. Instead of company name they just have their names and address on it.

Hope it helps.

I think that's what I need to know. Thank u so much bro.
:D

Just a quick note, it appears that individual can bill government agency now, i.e. you don't need to be a registered entity to take on photography gigs with government agency or stat boards.

An pay up Medisave..! ;)

"it is for you own good"..... Selena Tan said in

200px-I_Not_Stupid.jpg