how to get your subject not to pose for the shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtm78

Feb 7, 2009
how to get your subject not to pose for the shot? most subject are very unnatural and arkward when they are posing for a shot.. how to get them more comfortable and natural?

how to get your subject not to pose for the shot? most subject are very unnatural and arkward when they are posing for a shot.. how to get them more comfortable and natural?

For me i just take candids whenever i have the chance, just like laughing or talking to someone else.

get a longer lens..

hunt from a distance.

For me i just take candids whenever i have the chance, just like laughing or talking to someone else.

i was taking these few friends of mine.. one i take out my camera.. they get very arkward looking... how to get they to ignore my camera and me to catch them in a moment?

i was taking these few friends of mine.. one i take out my camera.. they get very arkward looking... how to get they to ignore my camera and me to catch them in a moment?

Taking out is one thing, knowing how to quickly point and shoot is another.

Learn how to quick draw.... :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Seriously, it's not easy to take candids when ppl are aware and keeping away....

tell your subject to spend more time in front of mirror

OR

you learn how to pose people.

or use agaration by not looking into the viewfinder and snap.

maybe live view might help, if your dslr have. >'<

or use agaration by not looking into the viewfinder and snap.

maybe live view might help, if your dslr have. >'<
If your LCD is tiltable, it would help greatly, that's what i usually do with my A300 :D

everyone is taught to hold still, look at the camera and smile since young, and get scolded if does not behave in front of the camera.

so not everybody know how behave neutrally in front of camera, either they train themself in a later age, or someone have to direct them whenever they are in front of camera.

if you find that you can't direct them, try to take their photos in a sneaky way.

Direct them in the posing, chat and joke with them to loosen up. Shoot in the moments when they are less awkward.

Rapport is very important.

Lie to them that u needa go toilet, walk away with ur camera (tell them it's required.. lols..)
Hide somewher and snipe from a distance
Becareful though, people may think that u're a stalker

Lie to them that u needa go toilet, walk away with ur camera (tell them it's required.. lols..)
Hide somewher and snipe from a distance
Becareful though, people may think that u're a stalker

To me, that doesn't sound like a very gd idea.

Sometimes its not the photographer. Its the subject - model. If you are cam shy or freakout can't be help.:confused:

Just tell them to relax and continue in whatever they are doing. Best to strike up a conversation of interest to most of them. I had shot at a couple of gatherings and find that my friends, who were engaged in interesting conversations don't really give a damn about me pointing my chunky camera at them, even right in their faces ;)

To me, that doesn't sound like a very gd idea.

Ahaha! Havent tried that myself, so i wouldnt noe. Usually, i just snap when they r not aware, or the "eyes off viewfinder" technique =/

Hang your cam on your neck, put your hands in your pocket and trigger the cam wirelessly :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.