how to get to Sim Lim Square?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
I wanna go to Sim Lim Square tomorrow, to Alan Photo. May I know which MRT station should I stop? Thanks.

Originally posted by Kho King
I wanna go to Sim Lim Square tomorrow, to Alan Photo. May I know which MRT station should I stop? Thanks.

Stop at Bugis MRT. That's the nearest. Or if you are coming by Johore, I believe you can take SBS Bus #170. It will stop somewhere near Sim Lim Tower, where you can walk to the square. It's a blue glass building.

Regards
CK

Bugis Junction

Originally posted by ckiang

Stop at Bugis MRT. That's the nearest. Or if you are coming by Johore, I believe you can take SBS Bus #170. It will stop somewhere near Sim Lim Tower, where you can walk to the square. It's a blue glass building.

Regards
CK

I am taking 170 bus...but I am not sure when to stop...how? Should I stop at Kranji and take MRT to Bugis?

Originally posted by ckiang

Regards
CK

from Johor , I would recommend you to take Singapore Johor Express ... :) .. then walk a bit far distance to SLS

I am taking 170 bus...but I am not sure when to stop...how? Should I stop at Kranji and take MRT to Bugis?

If I am not wrong, 170 goes all the way to it's terminal at Queen Street, which is very near Sim Lim Tower/Square. :)

You can get the bus info here:
http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/side_servicenumber.htm

Map here:
http://streetdirectory.com.sg/genma...vel=6&star=1&xylist=&xyfile=&circle=&company=

The star shows Queen St Terminal, where 170 is stopping. SLS is just above.

Regards
CK

Thanks! I will take the 170 bus to Queen street then!

Btw, I need to go to The Adelphi (opposite Funan Centre) to get the Compact Intelli-Charger, is the building near SIM LIM Square?

Btw, I need to go to The Adelphi (opposite Funan Centre) to get the Compact Intelli-Charger, is the building near SIM LIM Square?

y dun take Singapore-Johor Express ? expensive ?

One thingy to note. Some, of not most, of the shops open rather late at around 10:30 to 11am. So make you way down later else you'll waste your time waiting for them to open. Check the prices of other shops and compare before buying....

170 stop just IN FRONT of SLS ;p

I take that bus from my school to SLS .

Originally posted by megaweb

y dun take Singapore-Johor Express ? expensive ?

I need to go to Larkin bus station to take Johor express, thus a bit inconvenient for me. 170 I can take at bus stand in JB town...near City Square. Thanks.

They're not exactly close to each other. Need to take bus.

Do a search at www.streetdirectory.com to get them maps of both buildings. It'll help.

To get to the Adelphi, you'll need to either take a train to City Hall MRT station and walk (5-10 mins), or take a bus. Better still, take a cab. :)

I need to go to Larkin bus station to take Johor express, thus a bit inconvenient for me. 170 I can take at bus stand in JB town...near City Square. Thanks.

ok.... u can get the ticket nearby the causeway place (across the road)

Originally posted by rochkoh
They're not exactly close to each other. Need to take bus.

Do a search at www.streetdirectory.com to get them maps of both buildings. It'll help.

To get to the Adelphi, you'll need to either take a train to City Hall MRT station and walk (5-10 mins), or take a bus. Better still, take a cab. :)

Thanks! Now I see it. Hmm...the problem now is it is a bit inconvenient to get the charger at Adelphi and battery at SimLim square. I wanna get the Sanyo battery at the price of S$3~3.50, is there any shops near City Hall selling at this price?

Sometimes, it might just be alright if you pay abit more and get it at the same place because the amount of money you spend on transport might jolly well add up to your savings.

Originally posted by mistral
Sometimes, it might just be alright if you pay abit more and get it at the same place because the amount of money you spend on transport might jolly well add up to your savings.

yes, you are right. But is there any places near City Hall having Sanyo battery? I understand the cahrger is only available there...at Adelphi.

I'm not sure about sanyo batteries. Are they for videocams? There are lots of shops in Peninula Plaza, Funan Centre and Adelphi area. Cathay Photo is there so you might want to check them out.

Are u talking about AA batteries? Why not try Mustafa, which is only 2 bus-stop away (take bus 23 outside SLS). They have the Sanyo 1700 mAh.

I am about to depart from Johor now...will stop at Queen Street, search around for SLS, (by the way, which floor is Alan Photo located?), buy the batteries, later take MRT to City Hall, walk to Adelphi...and buy the charger. Will try both Compact Intelligent and Multi Intelligent there...not sure which one to get. Btw, is the Compact Intelligent comes with car adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.