how to get to Senai?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilis128

Dec 13, 2003
anyone ever catch early morning flight from Senai Airport?

my flight is at 7.30am.. it'll be too late if i go to Larkin first then take the airport shuttle bus which i believe starts at 6am.

is it generally ok to flag down taxis on the street once i clear JB checkpoint at 4-5am in the morning? any idea how roughly would the trip to Senai cost?

thks in advance for the help..

One of my friend's strategy is to go there one day eariler and stay overnight at Senai Airport. :)

Journey by taxi should be around 45+ mins. Recently, 6 of us went to Senai from Larkin and hired those SUV taxis (the guy approached us). He charged us RM45 for all 6 of us, if I remember correctly. However, out of the 6, 4 were Malaysians and was able to speak Malay to him. So YMMV. :)

check out air asia's website. there are various methods teaching you how to get there from singapore.

practical advice... :thumbsup:

thks Ah Pao.

may i know what time was your flight?

as for my case, i may not be able to make it to Larkin by public transport.. i was thinking of crossing the causeway by foot, and once cleared jb checkpoint, flag down any passing cab.. my worry is, knowing its still so early and dark, those cabs quote exorbitant prices

Getting to Senai from JB can be a painfull experience. As your flight is early I suggest you call a cab from JB itself. Better still if you could book it in advance. You could try to hail one from the street but there may not be one when you need it most. As you have a limited time to reach Senai that is why I suggest the booking. Ask the taxi to pick you up from Larkin or the Causeway.

Also by booking a taxi you will be paying the meter fare.

wilis128 said:
thks Ah Pao.

may i know what time was your flight?

as for my case, i may not be able to make it to Larkin by public transport.. i was thinking of crossing the causeway by foot, and once cleared jb checkpoint, flag down any passing cab.. my worry is, knowing its still so early and dark, those cabs quote exorbitant prices

Ahhh...understand your concern...
Our flight was a 11.30am flight, I think. Not as early as yours.

thks all for the advise.

jbma: yeap i think i'd book the cab in advace.. otherwise would probably spend a nite at the airport..

go to Queens Street JB taxi stand and make the advance booking.
The price they quote is standard unless u privately negotiate with a particular taxi driver.

They will fetch u from your house and take u to Senai Airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.