How to get this effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quote from Ziploc's reply in this thread from Tomshen's

I'm not sure how tom did it, but this is how I normally do to soften a portrait shot using PS7:

1. Drag the background layer to the New Layer icon at the bottom to create a new copy of the background layer.
2. Use Gaussian blur to blur the new layer.
3. Adjust the blending mode and opacity of the new layer to get the soft effect according to taste.
4. Create a layer mask on the new layer by using Add Layer Mask, Reveal All.
5. Open the brush tool, adjust the opacity of the brush to about 50%. Brush on the parts you want to sharpen with black. Brush repeatedly on the same spot if you want to sharpen more. If you made a mistake and want to make correction, brush it with white.

KSeet

Mar 11, 2003
North East
www.kelvinseet.com
Thanks for the info SniperD! :) I'm playing around with it now! Thanks!

Originally posted by SniperD
I quote from Ziploc's reply in this thread from Tomshen's

I'm not sure how tom did it, but this is how I normally do to soften a portrait shot using PS7:

1. Drag the background layer to the New Layer icon at the bottom to create a new copy of the background layer.
2. Use Gaussian blur to blur the new layer.
3. Adjust the blending mode and opacity of the new layer to get the soft effect according to taste.
4. Create a layer mask on the new layer by using Add Layer Mask, Reveal All.
5. Open the brush tool, adjust the opacity of the brush to about 50%. Brush on the parts you want to sharpen with black. Brush repeatedly on the same spot if you want to sharpen more. If you made a mistake and want to make correction, brush it with white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom