How to get SB800 out of the M mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chankp

Jan 14, 2006
I reset my sb800 after playing with several settings.
Now it's "stuck" in the M mode. Before that, whenever I adjust my lens zoom, the flash follows. Now it doesnt. Pls adv how to get back to the previous mode.
Thanks very much.

Press the mode buttom? Also check the in-camera menu for the 'flash mode' field. There you can switch between TTL and Full Manual.

Thanks for your reply.
The letter M appears above the word Zoom and the power head does not adjust automatically. Been trying to get cancel the M without any success.

Thanks for your reply.
The letter M appears above the word Zoom and the power head does not adjust automatically. Been trying to get cancel the M without any success.

This is simple. Mount the flash onto the camera, set the focal length to the one that is mounted to your camera, i.e 50mm and when you change the zoom distance, the flash will react accordingly. ;)

Thanks Michael.
No luck. Still cannot get rid of the M above the word Zoom.
The power head does not follow the lens.
Any other way to set the flash power head to zoom according to the lens?
Tks.

Thanks again Michael.
Got it working now.

I try put as ZAC08 mention not success. Anyone can help? May I know what is the roof cause for this?

thanks in advance

Remove your diffusor. I got caught once also.

the diffuser removed and M is gone. When put back it come again. It cannot be put back?

When you put on the diffuser it presses a small little button at the bottom of the flash head. This causes the flash to zoom out to 14mm automatically. Don't really like it cuz you loses a lot of flash power like that. I know of ppl who cut a hole on the diffuser to prevent this from happening.

When you put on the diffuser it presses a small little button at the bottom of the flash head. This causes the flash to zoom out to 14mm automatically. Don't really like it cuz you loses a lot of flash power like that. I know of ppl who cut a hole on the diffuser to prevent this from happening.

You mean file away a slit in the diffuser ("Tupperwear")? :bsmilie:
Yes, I have seen those too. My LSII doesn't have this problem. ;) :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.