How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
u mean ji bu like this?
~image~
:bsmilie:

Taken before the ban on photography..:bsmilie:

Hi Bro, when was the start to the "ban on photography" anyway?

Had a rub with the management who insisted that it was a house rule, somewhere in May. I point it out to them that there is no sign indicating "private property" nor " no photography allowed". But i must tell you.. that manager.. she is really fierce and as rude as you would want her to be...

In any case, they claimed that they had even rejected paid request from Mediacorp to film on location... but they will allow PnS and Handphone Cam (mentioned earlier).

So ... I am sure all here would find it a little digestable when refuse of a shoot ... if its made a little friendlier or with proper indications before we take out the camera. HAaa... my revenge ~ I had my fill of pictures taken before I leave.. anyway.

Hi Bro, when was the start to the "ban on photography" anyway?

Had a rub with the management who insisted that it was a house rule, somewhere in May. I point it out to them that there is no sign indicating "private property" nor " no photography allowed". But i must tell you.. that manager.. she is really fierce and as rude as you would want her to be...

In any case, they claimed that they had even rejected paid request from Mediacorp to film on location... but they will allow PnS and Handphone Cam (mentioned earlier).

So ... I am sure all here would find it a little digestable when refuse of a shoot ... if its made a little friendlier or with proper indications before we take out the camera. HAaa... my revenge ~ I had my fill of pictures taken before I leave.. anyway.

i'm not so sure when the ban came in..it seems slightly right after the boat asia '08..

if u have a boat there i'm sure they'll let you shoot.... ;)
A boat that dock at location, well you have to be a member.. and member have its previledges all right!

Just wondering .... the whole section is considered Keppel's property? Why not condon off the whole premise ..and have the guard placed at the entrace before the bridge.... That will really re-inforce their "house rules" and I am really certain that certainly will pissed the cafe and restaurant owners, functioning in the Marina... (customer is complaining here..)

DOn't make sense if they still want the "customers" but don't allow the customers to take pictures... Ouch! Service as such really sucks!... Haa.. as if they will heed the whinning..

A boat that dock at location, well you have to be a member.. and member have its previledges all right!

Just wondering .... the whole section is considered Keppel's property? Why not condon off the whole premise ..and have the guard placed at the entrace before the bridge.... That will really re-inforce their "house rules" and I am really certain that certainly will pissed the cafe and restaurant owners, functioning in the Marina... (customer is complaining here..)

DOn't make sense if they still want the "customers" but don't allow the customers to take pictures... Ouch! Service as such really sucks!... Haa.. as if they will heed the whinning..

actually i'm suspecting whether they own the whole place? :think:

i remember President Nathan officially open the place for public..if u say the boating area, fine..but that small little island suppose to be a park for public use..

actually i'm suspecting whether they own the whole place? :think:

i remember President Nathan officially open the place for public..if u say the boating area, fine..but that small little island suppose to be a park for public use..
Exactly what i suspected as well... so we are sure that its just the Marina Area and the dock that belongs to them... parking or shooting from the bridge should still be "none-of-their-business".. haa

How to test that out? Park car by te road and see who summon fines.. or go to park and see if it say National Park...

*~ psst.. bro, if so.. your pictuce shown earlier not really "illegal"!!

Which government agency is in charge of such issues? NEA or? Must write to them...i suggest that if the specified location that you mentioned if it is not owned by them, they have no right to tell you off if you're standing on the "public" place, if they're not happy about it, they should call the police to handle but i think it is a waste of time for them to do it because if it is really true, ultimately it is a PUBLIC PLACE...

Which government agency is in charge of such issues? NEA or? Must write to them...i suggest that if the specified location that you mentioned if it is not owned by them, they have no right to tell you off if you're standing on the "public" place, if they're not happy about it, they should call the police to handle but i think it is a waste of time for them to do it because if it is really true, ultimately it is a PUBLIC PLACE...
Hey bro...

The Kepple Marina and dock surely belongs to the club and they have the right to stop you. Just that I am not too sure for the rest of the small "Isle"... Haa.. just let me try go in and see if the park carries a sign board saying National Park.. if so ... they should stay away from our photoshoot spot actually.. haa

Questional thing now is ... cafe and restaurant opened to public exactly in the premise, I was thinking aloud as to patronage buys you a minute of membership for a quick snap...

Hey bro...

The Kepple Marina and dock surely belongs to the club and they have the right to stop you. Just that I am not too sure for the rest of the small "Isle"... Haa.. just let me try go in and see if the park carries a sign board saying National Park.. if so ... they should stay away from our photoshoot spot actually.. haa

Questional thing now is ... cafe and restaurant opened to public exactly in the premise, I was thinking aloud as to patronage buys you a minute of membership for a quick snap...

Lol...should we try? For the benefit of everyone? Lol... :bsmilie:

hmm someone mentioned that tripod photography wasn't allowed... was intending to head to the tcc there (i heard there was one in there) for drinks with my pals and bring my camera along.. would be a big turn off if they disallowed even that!

hmm someone mentioned that tripod photography wasn't allowed... was intending to head to the tcc there (i heard there was one in there) for drinks with my pals and bring my camera along.. would be a big turn off if they disallowed even that!
U can shoot in TCC.. the staff's service is good.

But once u come out... hiaz... its a totally different story. No big camera... Pns is also subjective (really depend if u look like a member).. and Cameraphone is pretty fine.

Cheerios bro.. may the force be with u!

Status
Not open for further replies.