Toa Payoh
www.picturesky.com
your fellow CSer just had his heart broken..... :bheart:

how do i mend it?
how to i live life?
how do i accept the fact that i'll not have her again
who then do i share my happiness with? not that i have any now

i feel as bad as those who've lost their loved ones in teh tsunami
for to me, the end of a long relationship, also is the same as losing my loved one forever.

in tears and many tears.

sorry to hear about your heartbreak alankuik.....

only time can heal....

All you need is someway to fill up the extra time and money you now have on your hands... try to find some hobbies or something. Will help... just treat it as passe and remember the memories.. but life will always go on...

alankuik said:

how do i mend it?
how to i live life?

for to me, the end of a long relationship, also is the same as losing my loved one forever.

in tears and many tears.

A breakup can be a good thing too; just dont look at it negatively.

U have photog as a hobby. Shoot more !!! :thumbsup:

Join model shoot and try ya luck :) U never know.

If u wanna know why I dont try my luck on the models, it is bcos I dont need to and I cant.

Learn and live bro.......there is no permanence in life.....

Go for a trip, better still.....a shooting trip !!! ;)

Keep yourself occupied with meaningful activities, i.e. talk to friends, spend some time alone, pray (if you're religious) ....

The bottomline line is, don't turn to temporal, harmful 'getaways' (I don't even consider them as solutions) such as turning to the bottle ... you'll will feel high and such but when you wake up from it, the issue remains ...

Just sharing from experience, although I must confess my brief experience can't be compared to yours ... hang in there Alan!

Well, I personally feel that there's more to life den to juz mop over a broken relationship.

Cheer up bro. It heals faster den u can imagine. Go shooting more often, do some things that u want to do but ain't able to in da past due to this so-called 'relationship commitments'.

alankuik said:

how do i mend it?
how to i live life?

in tears and many tears.

Hi alankuik,

This may seem as self centered, but, YOU are the centre of the universe.
Life is an experience (ups and downs, loves and rejections)

Be happy with your experience and move on. Be happy for the other to do also.

You will feel bad ! but you still have YOU. Time heals all.

Be natural.. love is around the corner :thumbsup:

think of the good side, at least better now than later when married and have kids, and the woman runs away with another man.

life goes on, nobody is inexpendable, time will dull everything and heal all wounds.

and who knows you may be moping your loss now, but later when see another better girl, you'll be glad you don't have anything to tie you down to go for the better one.

you guys are sure good at this!

i must applaud u all.
thanks people... reading those u've written and commented, have probably made me feel best for this whole day.

I'm no photographer, though i like to take lotsa photos. reason being that we never know when it wun be there for us to take already. :)

Tank you all... and .... nah. i can't try model shoot... my A40 is even dying on me already.

i'm surprised how this thread has so much replies in so few times.
i'll keep posting here... until i recover okay? *weak smile*

alankuik said:

i must applaud u all.
thanks people... reading those u've written and commented, have probably made me feel best for this whole day.

I'm no photographer, though i like to take lotsa photos. reason being that we never know when it wun be there for us to take already. :)

Tank you all... and .... nah. i can't try model shoot... my A40 is even dying on me already.

Sure dude ... we'll try to keep you gainfully occupied! ;)

alankuik said:

i must applaud u all.

Well maybe it's time to go further... get yourself a film SLR and start shooting more... ;)

Then start learning dude, wait till you see mine, then you'll know how bad a shooter I am compared too.

Take this opportunity, do not wallow in despair and sadness for too long, take this chance to go further and learn more in photography... we all start somewhere ;)

alankuik said:

u dont know how those victims feel... a lost relationship is nothing compared to 150000 lifes lost and what the survivors are going and have gone thru.

as far as i can see, u are still forum-ing. u are fine dude.

EiRiK said:
u dont know how those victims feel... a lost relationship is nothing compared to 150000 lifes lost and what the survivors are going and have gone thru.

as far as i can see, u are still forum-ing. u are fine dude.
Okay dude.... i take back my sentence.. should be ashamed of myself for saying that.

alankuik: Find a new girl and move on. That's the fastest way to heal. Don't hold on to the past and memories.

alankuik said:

i must applaud u all.

Hey alankuik,

You are you !

You do what you feel is right for you (shoot , sleep, party what ever)

You do whatever you feel is right.

Photography is not the be all and end all, just like fast cars are not the be all and end all etc.

Just remember that life goes on, and it is what you make it to be.

Give lots and expect least... you will be happy!

if you feel like just staying at home and being by yourself for a while, do that, but not for too long.

spend more time with friends, talk to them about this if you feel you need to get it off your chest, otherwise just go out normally and do things. you will feel less alone, and it will remind you that there are other things in life than her.

the fastest (but probably not the best) way to feel better is to find someone new.

take advantage of the extra time and $$$ you now have to enjoy yourself in other ways.

it's not going to go away in just a few days, but give it time and everything will be fine.

when it happens you think it's the end of your life. then one day you look up and find that your life is still waiting for you to live it. sappy, but true.

drink kopi.
visit the NUG sometimes for equipment wanking sessions. sometimes it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.