How to get new gadgets from company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jkyhon

I've got to take over someone's old laptop and blackberry after I've my new role, and they are in :eek: condition.

What would you do/say to your boss/MIS to get new stuff?

John Teoh

Staff member
Oct 16, 2004
Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
I've got to take over someone's old laptop and blackberry after I've my new role, and they are in :eek: condition.

What would you do/say to your boss/MIS to get new stuff?
For old laptop, keep complaining it breaks down and you cannot do your work. If they ask for information urgently and it is the laptop, send to them one hour later and inform them the laptop cannot work properly. Likewise for the same for the BB :devil:

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Tell them that you can't be productive with faulty equipment. But best to wait a month. During this month, miss a lot of emails (because the blackberry is faulty) and reboot your laptop a lot (because it's always hangning, etc.)

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
Before u do anything, make sure u know yr value to the company/boss. Would it be cheaper to replace "U" than to replace the old laptop/BB :think:

satay16

Jan 14, 2006
short circuit both the batteries of the laptop and BB. make them explode "accidentally" while the batts are in the devices.

Pablo

Sep 1, 2004
Blue/Green Planet
Put a rather "rude" password in the BIOS and take it to the boss and tell him you can't access it.

A Blackberry takes about 2 to 3 seconds in a microwave to cure it :devil:

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
the best solution is: tell them that the current machines have serious security flaws :devil:

londonray

Mar 25, 2005
Put a rather "rude" password in the BIOS and take it to the boss and tell him you can't access it.

A Blackberry takes about 2 to 3 seconds in a microwave to cure it :devil:
lol... i like the BB one... but seriously will the Microwave fry the circuitry?

satay16

Jan 14, 2006
The microwave should indice currents in the PCB and overheat it and fry any electronic components. not advicced as it will prob produce toxic fumes and/or damage the microwave.
hmmm.......not bad.

hey jkyhon, you unsatisfied with your office's microwave?

satay16

Jan 14, 2006
Haha dont encourage people to destroy company property =p You want to make a mess? Microwave a potato or egg =p
i had "laptop" in mind actually.

asdfghjkl

Jan 27, 2005
I think the easy way just "accident" pour water on it:sweat:

Pablo

Sep 1, 2004
Blue/Green Planet
lol... i like the BB one... but seriously will the Microwave fry the circuitry?

A way to indicate the effect ..... "party trick"

Place a CD in your microvave and set it for 2 seconds (not 2 minutes !)

For the best effect, turn off the lights in the room.

You will get an idea of what a Blackberry will experience :bsmilie:

We have wierd parties in Australia :confused:

Apr 20, 2003
Visit site
The microwave should indice currents in the PCB and overheat it and fry any electronic components. not advicced as it will prob produce toxic fumes and/or damage the microwave.
are you insane? a piece of paper clip already create a fire inside my microwave. Dont talk if you've never done it. :thumbsd: You might kill people with your stupid suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom