How to get hotel room with excellent view & Access to rooftop

Ricardo Ong

Jan 31, 2011
Hi all,

I would be traveling overseas soon for holidays and would like to find out how to request for a hotel room with excellent views (without paying for the Presidential Suite or traveling in the off-season) and also access to the hotel rooftop for photo taking.

Cheers!

Hi all,

I would be traveling overseas soon for holidays and would like to find out how to request for a hotel room with excellent views (without paying for the Presidential Suite or traveling in the off-season) and also access to the hotel rooftop for photo taking.

Cheers!

Ermmm, just ask for it?

Ermmm, just ask for it?
That's too easy... then everyone would get such rooms. I guess TS is asking for the magic question or magic tool. :bsmilie:
Rooftop access is a question of local security regulations and could be beyond the control of a hotel receptionist.
Another idea might be simply checking the hotel website or using Google Earth.

just look for the hotel... and call the hotel to ask for the rooms and level that would give you that view you want. whether it's available on the dates you're traveling on, or whether there's such a room...you wouldn't know unless you call right?

and for roof access.... no hotel would give it to you.

roof access dont think hotel will give it to you. room wise, you can ask but then normally those with good view are premium room.

That's too easy... then everyone would get such rooms. I guess TS is asking for the magic question or magic tool. :bsmilie:
Rooftop access is a question of local security regulations and could be beyond the control of a hotel receptionist.
Another idea might be simply checking the hotel website or using Google Earth.

There is no magic question or magic tool. The only magic is to offer a big tip. But even if you offer a big tip, those rooms might already be taken up by others already.

Most of these rooms with a great view do cost more. For example, a hotel by Hangzhou Westlake, rooms with lake views cost 20-30% more.