how to get Australian PR citizenship ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
hi, i am planning to get one for future career.. may i know what are their requirements ?

my degree is from an Australian University. Will that help in application ?

:think:

Depends on how old you are now, what skills you have. From my understanding, they are less pro immigration now and measures are very strict, having studied in an Aussie uni helps but I dont know how much anymore. In the past it was a 80 percent chance you will get PR if you graduate from Aussie Uni, not so anymore.

Depends on how old you are now, what skills you have. From my understanding, they are less pro immigration now and measures are very strict, having studied in an Aussie uni helps but I dont know how much anymore. In the past it was a 80 percent chance you will get PR if you graduate from Aussie Uni, not so anymore.

how about working in an Australian company ?

how about working in an Australian company ?
If u have a job offer from one of the OZ companies then you are in good shape getting the PR. That's right, getting OZ PR is not easy nowaday. They require you take English test even though you are english educated. Another tough one is the skill matching if you apply under skill migration scheme.

It all depends on what the country want in a particular year. As there are shortage of skills in certain industries.

There are many ways to get an Australian PR. Either you can invest in the country with lot of money, or your (job) is what they want, such as nurse, chef, or somebody is willing to offer you a job in Australia. Then you need to qualify to obtain something like 120 points, which is based on your age, level of English, already got relatives in Australia, qualification, health and no criminal background lor.

Get a Nursing Degree, work in a public hospital for 5yrs here.

They will literally grant u half-a-citizenship, u juz need to work for your other half. :bsmilie:

Follow the link provided by adamadam above - it will give you all the information you need to apply for Aus PR (requirements, process etc). Basically it comes down to a points test (check the booklet above to find out how the points test works)

You get extra points for Australian qualifications, however, they changed the rules in the last couple of years, where rather than just having a degree from an Australian institution, you have to show that you actually studied in Australia for 2 years (ie. if you are on those twinning programmes where you study in your home country and come to the affiliated Aus university for a year and then get the Aus degree, you don't get extra points)

All in all, it's a fairly easy process and if you are at the right age when applying (you get more points if you apply before you turn 30) and have the right skills and number of years experience, it's fairly easy to get still, as Aus is always looking for more skilled migrants.

No need to pay migration agents. Just apply yourself. Friend did it recently and got her PR approved. Not as easy as applying for Singapore PR, but still quite an easy process.

Status
Not open for further replies.