How to frustrate pick-pockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sion

Sometime ago I went into Macdonal Men's toilet cubicle and found out a lady handbag was throw on the floor with the personal belongings spilling out. Money and cards had been gone and only useless things like a half-eaten strip of birth control pills were left behind. Obviously the work of a thief.

We must have heard stories of friends and relatives been pick-pocketed. Now do you have a way to frustrate them?

An example would be to carry an empty wallet stuffed with blank papers or notes from the Bank of Hell with a message that says "Better luck next time?"

i'd reckon its about the same as walking under a tree and expecting to be bird-bombed. it only strikes when you least expect it :bsmilie:

Carry a remote controlled bomb. When you realise that your wallet is gone, press a button and boooommmmm....you get the thief. Or maybe boommmm...there goes the McD toilet

zombiez said:
Carry a remote controlled bomb. When you realise that your wallet is gone, press a button and boooommmmm....you get the thief. Or maybe boommmm...there goes the McD toilet

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

zombiez said:

but wouldnt you be the first to go??? :bsmilie:

the McD one is a thief job. not a pick pocket. pick pocket just steals your wallet or small itemas in your pockets/bags. juz have to be careful.

same thing for bags, most prob the thief took the bag when the owner wasn't noticing. if a bag is really valuable, eg your camera bag, u'll never leave it alone/out of your sight 100% right? even though my cam bag is bulky..i carry it into public toilets etc etc..hee

for wallets/hp etc, i'll just feel my pockets when i stand or sit down anywhere to remind me if something is missing. if someone reaches into my pocket, most prob i can feel it.

n pickpockets do it in groups, i've a fren who was picked knowingly, in madria,spain, and there's nothing he could do.... just LL

zombiez said:

Just make sure you don't keep the remote control in your wallet.

Seriously the best way to deter thieves is to make it very clear you are kiasu and very careful. Look around all the time, keep your hands on your belongings. The thieves will avoid you. They would rather pick on those who are obviously careless.

di0nysus said:
n pickpockets do it in groups, i've a fren who was picked knowingly, in madria,spain, and there's nothing he could do.... just LL

spain's loaded with gypsies...
...funniest thing which ever happened to me when i was in spain was when i was walking out of a supermarket. there were 3 gypsies in front of me.. and one suddenly came from behind and bumped into me (my pockets were empty cause i was still a kid and didnt carry a wallet). he then ran over to his friends who laughed at him...
...bloody joker
:bsmilie:

the more professional pick-pockets can be found in las vegas, working in pairs or more. X is an entertainer who attracts a crowd on the streets and tells them to "come closer folks! you dont wanna miss this one!". Y is a pickpocket who bumps around in the crowd emptying out their valuables...

pickpocket is ok.

the more scary one is those who bump into u and put drugs into your pockets..

no...as in they are trying to shake off the trial of the pursuing police and they anyhow choose some unknowing guy among the masses in the public to offload their drugs and the poor dude then becoems the scapegoat. thats why when travelling the big luggage bag shouldnt have any external pockets => which means safer to use those hardcase luggage bags =)

lovells19 said:
kept a mouse trap in your pocket :p
cannot lah..90% of the time your hands are the ones entering your pockets :bsmilie:

cut holes in your pocket, and then he reaches in, he will grab your leg, and you will know that he is trying to steal something, then you can catch him...

So, if you do manage to catch someone stealing from you/or from someone else, what can you do?

It's so silly here, if you injure them, you can get in trouble.

adamadam said:
cut holes in your pocket, and then he reaches in, he will grab your leg, and you will know that he is trying to steal something, then you can catch him...

W....what happens if the pick-pocket is a female and she has long fingernails and she grab something else instead of your leg?

A...Auchhh?.........

I think putting mud cake inside the pockets is a better idea. If you find someone with his hand full of mud cake, you know his a thief and arrest him with circumstancial evidence.

mudcake or mousetrap..its still not worth it..coz u will end up prolly keep ur wallet soem where..maybe sling around ur neck..and your pockets, originally meant to be for your own usage , now becomes a "pickpocket trapping device"..which puts extra burden on u..which is well...kinda xtra thingy =)

be like LiOnElLiN! Don't carry anything with you! :)
Then you got nothing for them to steal (except your clothes, maybe your shoes...)

Status
Not open for further replies.