how to foil leeches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
after having one of my best ever portraits (at least, to me) leeched, along with zplus' and kindred's photos of various models at computer fairs, can we see how some of you foil leeches?

digital watermarks don't really work - you can hit "print screen", and you can have the picture already.

visual watermarks are the only solution, but how do you implement them?

Originally posted by sehsuan
after having one of my best ever portraits (at least, to me) leeched, along with zplus' and kindred's photos of various models at computer fairs, can we see how some of you foil leeches?

digital watermarks don't really work - you can hit "print screen", and you can have the picture already.

visual watermarks are the only solution, but how do you implement them?

Do you now realise why i have never ever posted any portraits of late? Especially of female subjects?

What is the legal stance on this? Anyone know? Regarding ownership, copyright, and use of images.

Yes, this is totally infuriating, man...

Originally posted by Wolfgang
Do you now realise why i have never ever posted any portraits of late? Especially of female subjects?

yup, know already. sigh... a bit too late though :p

Originally posted by Tuck Loong
The copyright laws in Singapore can be assessed from this website

1) http://www.ecitizen.gov.sg/inc_frame.htm?link=http://www.lawtown.gov.sg

For those who need to read the exact act....u can try this

2) http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/

Look under copyrights act =)

Cheers,
Tuck Loong

Yeah, and you need a licence to ride a bicycle, too. (It's true).

There's a difference between practice and theory. If you are Microsoft, then can talk about copyright. Otherwise...

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Yeah, and you need a licence to ride a bicycle, too. (It's true).

There's a difference between practice and theory. If you are Microsoft, then can talk about copyright. Otherwise...

yep well said. :thumbsup:

I don't know if this is possible, but if we can obtain the IP address of that "Cynthia Koh" who has been leeching photos and posting them on sggirls, ClubSnap admin can block that range of IP address so that "Cynthia koh" cannot assess ClubSnap in the future.

ChinShiong, good idea, but then IP addresses even on SCV changes from time to time. dial up is a gone case, need to check with the ISP... :p

Originally posted by sehsuan
ChinShiong, good idea, but then IP addresses even on SCV changes from time to time. dial up is a gone case, need to check with the ISP... :p

Not to mention it takes 2 hours to get through their helplines, what less the amount of time it can take for them to reply your emails, probably like 2 years later?

IP address for each line stays within a certain range of values. If sggirls is willing to divulge that info, our lives would be made easier...

How about hafing a section only for members of clubsnap? eg delphi forums where they have a "members" only section.. outsiders wun be able to view that section unless given permission by moderators.. this way if the pic was leeched we will oso know its an inside job. :)

Originally posted by Jer76
How about hafing a section only for members of clubsnap? eg delphi forums where they have a "members" only section.. outsiders wun be able to view that section unless given permission by moderators.. this way if the pic was leeched we will oso know its an inside job. :)

If there are 100 members given the access, how are you going to trace who's the leecher? :)

Originally posted by Jer76

and not to mention also, how would the moderators judge who to be a "member".

guys! the problems can be easily solved by not posting photos of girls on the internet. why not those who are interested to gather on one day at some comfortable place to view each other your photos?

Originally posted by mervlam

guys! the problems can be easily solved by not posting photos of girls on the internet. why not those who are interested to gather on one day at some comfortable place to view each other your photos?

like SEED? bring down a few laptops and load the memory card/CD, then everyone can view the pic and give instant feedback

Originally posted by Wai
like SEED? bring down a few laptops and load the memory card/CD, then everyone can view the pic and give instant feedback

yes.... or maybe develop a Portraiture Interest Group

Originally posted by mervlam
yes.... or maybe develop a Portraiture Interest Group
hmmmm ..... You sure you want to be a PIG member? :devil:

In any case, this would be a monumental task given the amount of members that we currently have - would be a small nightmare to administrate even if we can come up with proper guidelines and selection/approval procedures.

After all, the main aim of a photo-forum is to be able to share and view photos, having "exclusivity" to certain portions is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.