How to focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octave

Sep 28, 2005
Hi, any brother out here can tell me how to do focusing on Leitz Wetzlar Super Angulon-R 1:3.4/21 on normal Leica M series camera, thank you.

Octave said:
Hi, any brother out here can tell me how to do focusing on Leitz Wetzlar Super Angulon-R 1:3.4/21 on normal Leica M series camera, thank you.

this is a range finder camera meaning there is this little window you look thru and your are not seeing from the same perspective as the film does. There is this faint imge in the view finder twiddle the focusing ring it will being to superimpose better and better with the clearer brighter image when u do not see any misalinement the focusing has been complete correctly. It is easier to do initial in bright lit places as u get more used to it u should be able to manage in darker and darker places. A super wide could be more difficult to see the amout of superimposition just look more carefully at the edges.

Just to add my 2-cents worth: it's easier to focus using a vertical line object rather than a horizontal one, since the viewfinder images move left-right in alignment.

thank for your reply, but I think not very sure the angulon-R need the visoflex something like that to focus right. It seem like it is different from the normal leica's veiw finder lense, hopefully somebody can correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.