How to fire G2's built-in flash with ext Speedlite at same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfhuang

Jan 21, 2002
sfhuang.clubsnap.org
Currently I use a Speedlite for bounce flash for indoor shots. But I find that the photos would definitely look better with fill-in flash. Trouble is I do not know of any way to fire the built-in flash at the same time. Anyone knows?

thanks in advance.
sf

Originally posted by sfhuang
Currently I use a Speedlite for bounce flash for indoor shots. But I find that the photos would definitely look better with fill-in flash. Trouble is I do not know of any way to fire the built-in flash at the same time. Anyone knows?

thanks in advance.
sf

how about fit a cheap slave trigger onto your Speedlite and use your built in to trigger that?

that way both your flashes will go off at the same time...

Sorry, I am a newbie, but if I can remember correctly, the Speedlite 420EX can also be use as a slave flash.

Hmm... not too sure about the 420EX, but I thought normally a slave flash means its a slave follower meaning it will fire when ever it sees a flash going off, regardless of what brand/model the leading flash is?

Originally posted by ziploc
Hmm... not too sure about the 420EX, but I thought normally a slave flash means its a slave follower meaning it will fire when ever it sees a flash going off, regardless of what brand/model the leading flash is?

Read that the 420EX slave mode is wireless triggered. It even supports TTL over the wireless link. Not sure if it supports the flash-driven slave mode. If it doesn't, then you would require dedicated master or camera with the wireless link to trigger it remotely. I believe an off-the-shelve slave trigger should work with 420 also, provided the hot-shoe coupling is compatible.

eh sorry but side track abit...how much is the 420ex??

Originally posted by Goose
eh sorry but side track abit...how much is the 420ex??

Price should be from $320 to$350...

Status
Not open for further replies.