how to find out if theres someone stealing my wifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why dont u "steal" the Starhub Cable TV signal and see whether they sue u or not?

Those are already scrambled signals, if you buy those unscrambler devices to decode and watch starhub channels...confirm is illegal, definitely will catch lah. lol
(they did catch some people who bought those devices, hence they changed their scrambling codes)

but u wanna compare laptops...it's all come with wifi capabilities nowadays...u cant say such devices are illegal.

Like tv signals...they can't stop it...that's why they had the tv licensing thing, we got to pay every month.

I fear when sg goes island wide, anybody with a computer will have to pay for Wifi licensing. Till then, what pricing they gonna put, we still have to pay, we can't determine the pricing, since internet has become almost a neccessity in every household. They rather the whole lot pay up, then let a few get away without paying. (don't care if your com got wifi capability or not...got com then must pay.) One of the easiest way to earn some income. LOL
:sweatsm:

i fear that day...
:sweat:

but u wanna compare laptops...it's all come with wifi capabilities nowadays...u cant say such devices are illegal.

Interesting analogy...however, almost all human beings are born with hands and arms, does that than make it legal for them to just reach out and take anything that is within reach and keep it for themselves? ;)

_

If you have a spare com at home, use it as a RADIUS server :D

Interesting analogy...however, almost all human beings are born with hands and arms, does that than make it legal for them to just reach out and take anything that is within reach and keep it for themselves? ;)

_

precisely...it depends on the person himself or herself really, how good is one's morals. What better is that the owner to control his or her resources, rather than allow someone do wrong. It also depends how one view which is the greater evil, the person who do wrong, or the person who allow and encourage another to do wrong...

:bsmilie:

precisely...it depends on the person himself or herself really, how good is one's morals. What better is that the owner to control his or her resources, rather than allow someone do wrong. It also depends how one view which is the greater evil, the person who do wrong, or the person who allow and encourage another to do wrong...

:bsmilie:

Uuuuhhhhh..... excuse me, just because a person does not set up his/her Wi-Fi with encryption does not in anyway mean that he/she is encouraging others to tap in. That person has done no wrong and may in fact be innocently oblivious to the sinister intentions of others.

It is the person who ultimately gives in to his/her baser instincts to take what does not belong to him/her that has committed the crime. The law is very clear on this. Only the lamest of criminals ever go before the judge and say "It's the victims' fault that I stole from them because they left their windows open and all their valuables visible." Do you think the judge is going to put the victims in prison for being "evil" tempters? :bsmilie:

_

Since we are on the wifi topic, may I know if I'm able to track what website other users
in the family have surfed to ? My sis-in-law wanted to check whether my nephew
has been playing online games without her permission and also wanted to know which
are the websites he has been visiting.

Since we are on the wifi topic, may I know if I'm able to track what website other users
in the family have surfed to ? My sis-in-law wanted to check whether my nephew
has been playing online games without her permission and also wanted to know which
are the websites he has been visiting.

there's always the internet history in the internet explorer u can click on..

there's always the internet history in the internet explorer u can click on..

Thanks, other than the internet history, any other ways to track ? cos the history was
cleared before he logged off.

Status
Not open for further replies.