How to fight mosquitos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
Lately, there's been too many mosquitos flying around sucking me dry. :eek: Do you guys have any good recipe to fight them?

I bought the electrical Mortien insect repellent but it didn't work. Help! :(

shocky said:
SAF insect repellent?
$1+ ONLY
can buy with credit somemore :confused:
you expect me to apply that and go to sleep? :bigeyes:

ortega said:
how about the good old way, use a net
but even now, while i'm using the computer, they are flying around. i've already killed 4 of them. :confused:

nothing beats a mosquito coil.

I dun like insect repellent so i apply tiger balm lightly, especially the ear area.

either that, drink some alcoholic stuff before you sleep, e.g. beer... cos the alcohol vapour will be release by your skin. but dun drink too much =)

Drudkh said:
true, but it will leave a smell on everything in my room. :(

small price to pay for a good night's sleep.

1: Don't open the window. Use fan. Air-con better still.
2: Check your house (inside and outside) to make sure there isn't a breeding place for them.
3: Use a combination of the mosquito-repellent
- Mortien insect repellent
- Mosquito repellent stickers
- Sound based repellent (emulate male mosquito, dragonflies)
4. Wear a shirt (if u're not wearing one... :bsmilie: )

Me kana dengue virus last month. Stayed 9 days at hospital.
Dun play play.....

Drudkh said:
Lately, there's been too many mosquitos flying around sucking me dry. :eek: Do you guys have any good recipe to fight them?

Here's a tip, given by my colleague (when I was working in Maldives). Put some water in a white dinner plate and add a few drops of Lemon Fresh dish detergent. I normally squeeze a little bit more. Set the dish wherever you want. The mosquitoes will flock to it and die soon after drinking the detergent/water mixture. :cool:

It works in the Maldives & Sri Lanka, haven't try in Singapore yet though. You can give it a try and let me know if it works. :)

i heard there's a plant called 'mosquito buster' :bsmilie: ... hey, it's true, saw it at the plants nursery some time ago, the nursery owner claimed that you can pluck some of the leaves and put at corners of your home where mosquitoes like to come in from, like near the window ... i never try before, maybe you'll like to see if it works ;)

Hitman said:
Here's a tip, given by my colleague (when I was working in Maldives). Put some water in a white dinner plate and add a few drops of Lemon Fresh dish detergent. I normally squeeze a little bit more. Set the dish wherever you want. The mosquitoes will flock to it and die soon after drinking the detergent/water mixture. :cool:

It works in the Maldives & Sri Lanka, haven't try in Singapore yet though. You can give it a try and let me know if it works. :)

hmmm....this tip is interesting.... will definitely try it out.

Breed frogs.

Green tree frogs are cute.

Instead of getting bitten whilst trying to sleep; listen to ribbit,ribbit,ribbit. :bsmilie:

buy those UV lamps with electroshock circuits in them or those badminton racquet-like thingies with the same electroshock stuffs. seem them at work in thailand. quite effective in clearing out the room

Try circulating your room's air.

As for the lemon detergent... :think: :think: I also try try better then nothing.

take NEEM tablets, oils or put some NEEM leaves in your room. Ward off the buzzers. With NEEM in ur system, those little buggers and insects would
stay off u as well.
Ya mosquito repellent plants are nice. Candles too. Spraying would only keep them away temporarily, hmm if those mosquito mats, liquid doesn't help.
Well mosquitoes seldom bug me anyway, they'll only get trapped by my hairy leg hair and die.

Drudkh said:

1) close all windows and on ur aircon
2) zzz with blanket on
3) instead of mosquito repellent, use essential oil (tea tree)
4) get some puffs..haha :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.