How to fade images into one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

block306

Feb 13, 2003
Serangoon
Visit site
Can anyone suggest how to fade an image into another using PS? What I mean is one image merging into another without clear line of separation. Thanks.

depends on what images u want to merge. It's easy when both's exposure are the same.

Maybe you want to elaborate more or attach the picts you want to merge?

have the 2 picture on seperate layers and you can play around with the different blending modes on the layers palatte. also play around with the opacity.

block306 said:
Yes- superimpose one on another.

Hmm.., I can tell you roughly how to do it. Just put both images on different layer and then use a mask to "cut out" the images so that u can place them together. If still blur, try to look for any good PS books in the library under the topic using masking. It's basically just that.

Hope it helps!
Danny

well...use the selection/feather function lor...feathering will help make the edges soft...select the areas where you want and apply a feather of say 20 pixels at the menu under Select...cut using standard Alt-X command...and then paste onto a new layer...simple as that...heh use this method to create montages for my wallpaper last time...heh

Thanks. But these methods seem to create montage rather than superimpose one on another with fading/merging trasnsitions?

i still can't understand what you want to do....... hehe....... ;p

But if u mean like cutting a tree in one pict and pasting it into another pic of an empty grassland, then there are lots of ways to do it. Basically just mask out the tree then move it onto the other canvas and then adjust the curves after which you use a soft brush to merge the joints.......

Am I on the right track? :D

hmmm... it appears to me that the edges still cut off abruptly. Like the first left part of the photo :think:

The author just pasted the photos overlapping each other and adjusted the opacity of the layers either whole or painted with a brush with lowered opacity.

Probably it looks ok due to the colour, amount of pictures, grids and words.......

Hope it helps. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.