How to edit RAW pics? What software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxx

Feb 4, 2003
www.fotki.com
The CD for c5050 does not include the raw converter/editor right?
so where can I get it?

I gotten the ORFsuite 1.25 off the net, but everytime I open the file, some error appears.

So, how do you guys edit your raw photos?
thanks

The Olympus CAMEDIA Master 4.0 that come with the Olympus C-5050Z should be good enough to convert your RAW pictures taken by the C-5050Z.

Alternatively, if you want a better features, then you can purchase the Olympus CAMEDIA Master Pro 4.0... ;)

Originally posted by ivor
The Olympus CAMEDIA Master 4.0 that come with the Olympus C-5050Z should be good enough to convert your RAW pictures taken by the C-5050Z.

Alternatively, if you want a better features, then you can purchase the Olympus CAMEDIA Master Pro 4.0... ;)

Ivor,
Convert to raw? is one thing, but more importantly
I am more interested in editing the RAW pictures.

Is it must convert 1st to TIFF or JPEG then can edit?
no right?

I have not been playing with the E20 for a while... if I remember correctly... the CAMEDIA Master 4.0 allows raw or tiff editing then save them into jpg file... ;)

Originally posted by lanxx
The CD for c5050 does not include the raw converter/editor right?
so where can I get it?

I gotten the ORFsuite 1.25 off the net, but everytime I open the file, some error appears.

So, how do you guys edit your raw photos?
thanks

I am quite sure I have tested ALL existing available RAW conversion options for Oly cameras: The best RAW converter for the Oly 5050, E10 and 20 is Adobe Camera Raw. Better, by a 100 miles. You haven't seen how good "RAW" is until you use this. No kidding.

It's US$99 at the adobe.com site. You can buy it online.

Note: you need to have Photoshop 7.0/ Elements 2.0 and I think Photoshop 6.0 also works with it.

Originally posted by lanxx
Ivor,
Convert to raw? is one thing, but more importantly
I am more interested in editing the RAW pictures.

Is it must convert 1st to TIFF or JPEG then can edit?
no right?

hey bro .. shooting RAW now huh.!!! was meddling with they settings, adn it seems from all the forums and infor from the net the adobe camera raw is stil lthe best.

:)

Originally posted by kahheng
I am quite sure I have tested ALL existing available RAW conversion options for Oly cameras: The best RAW converter for the Oly 5050, E10 and 20 is Adobe Camera Raw. Better, by a 100 miles. You haven't seen how good "RAW" is until you use this. No kidding.

It's US$99 at the adobe.com site. You can buy it online.

Note: you need to have Photoshop 7.0/ Elements 2.0 and I think Photoshop 6.0 also works with it.

I know I have to pay for it, that's why I was looking for other alternatives :p

Well, time to wait for a while and see

Status
Not open for further replies.