Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi guys

Appreciate if anyone can enlighten me on how to edit the .NEF files. :embrass:

Can i use Photoshop CS or Photoshop 7 to edit? Or must i get the Nikon software?

Thanks in advance for the help....

Photoshop CS takes .NEF files. You may have to get an update for the latest RAW import filters. :thumbsup:

Photoshop 7 requires an add-on from Adobe itself. They were selling it. :confused:

Nikon Capture is your other alternative. However, you need to register it.
*Hint* you can find some numbers off the internet.... :D

you dont edit the files, per se. you use a RAW convertor software, then apply some settings, then export the RAW + settings into a TIFF or JPEG :)

nemesis32 said:
Hi guys

Appreciate if anyone can enlighten me on how to edit the .NEF files. :embrass:

Can i use Photoshop CS or Photoshop 7 to edit? Or must i get the Nikon software?

Thanks in advance for the help....

You just need to download Nikon View 6. It will install a NEF filter in photoshop cs or 7. From there, you can just use that filter to open your NEF files.

i feel the the raw intepretation by PS CS is extremely poor. The resolution is lower than jpeg, and the colours are simply awful. When I shoot I convert it through nikon view 6 and save as jpeg, then use PS to edit it. But that sorts of defeats the purpose since I cant do adjustments to the originals..... maybe its time to be evil and look for those numbers.

I tried doing the batch converting using Nikon Capture Editor to convert from NEF to JPG. The results is small JPG files and the process is very slow. WOnder if they are of equv quality when save as JPG directly from the camera.

Heard that Irfanview can also read NEF. Anyone have tried to batch convert to JPG?

Adiemus said:
Photoshop CS takes .NEF files. You may have to get an update for the latest RAW import filters. :thumbsup:

Photoshop 7 requires an add-on from Adobe itself. They were selling it. :confused:

Nikon Capture is your other alternative. However, you need to register it.
*Hint* you can find some numbers off the internet.... :D

Ademius....

Where do you get the update for the latest RAW import filters?
Also, for Nikon Capture, where to find it?

Also.. where to find the numbers.... ;p

Marcwang...

Whats the diff between Nikon Capture and Nikon View? How much is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.