How to down res your photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

czcsean

Mar 15, 2009
Bedok, Singapore
Hi CSers,

I have this question in my mind for quite sometimes, I would like to ask how to lower your photos res. Do you need a simple software or a special software to do it, pls enlighten me thanks alot.

resizing?

you can use free programs like picasa, they should be able to do it.

Even MS Paint can do it.

wad i do is I open MS Paint then save & overwrite my pics. thats all. but kinda tedious. any better suggestions?

use lightroom/photoshop/camera maker software(nikon-capture nx for eg) to resize using the tools...can do batch processing as well

will it be laggy if u downsize it in batch say 100 photos?

wad i do is I open MS Paint then save & overwrite my pics. thats all. but kinda tedious. any better suggestions?

Nearly everything is better than this.
Never overwrite your existing (original files), keep copies (downsized or edited) in a 2nd folder. Have a look at tools with workflow implementation (Lightroom) or batch processing features. The forum "Digital Darkroom" has plenty of tips. But using the Search function here should flood you with results.

better suggestions??

you have already kiss your original photos goodbye, don't do it on your original file again.

there are tons of freeware can do this, be it one file at a time or batch process.

Faststone is good, IrfanView is also another good one

Hi CSers,

I have this question in my mind for quite sometimes, I would like to ask how to lower your photos res. Do you need a simple software or a special software to do it, pls enlighten me thanks alot.
don't Canon give you a CD when you buy your camera? inside already have programm to do such thing.

don't Canon give you a CD when you buy your camera? inside already have programm to do such thing.

Obviously never read the manual... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.